Main Menu

I miss....

Started by trukus, Oct 29, 2010, 01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kydiddle

Quote from: woodnymph on Jan 21, 2011, 05:07 PM
Quote from: lil sis on Jan 21, 2011, 11:39 AM
I just logged into my youtube account for the first time in two months and am reliving all of the memories watching all of the videos I took.  Missing these magical days.  :-\
We channeled this together, girl!!!  I was up for at least another half hour after I signed off of here last night, bundled under my covers with my camera, cause I still have a lot of the videos on the memory card... and I ended after listening to the (very unclear, mind you) Dondante... and I rewound like 4 times at the 2:22 mark where he says "if you never left these streeeeEEEets...." (accent on mid-E, heh) And like some kind of addict I wanted to log back onto my computer and post about it in the "I miss...." thread hahahahhahahah that's awesome we time-travelled together  8)

Love this, woodnymph. Love it.

I miss that feeling I had on Tuesday night after "At Dawn" when I thought, "Ohhh, there's still three more nights of music to go." And I was in that weird in between place where it didn't feel new, but I didn't feel the pangs of knowing it would be over soon. I was just....floating.
Cow temperature.

peafunk31

I love that this thread is still kickin :) I reflect on the T5 shows at least a few times a week & it never fails to bring a smile to my face! Hope to see everyone soon (Mountain Jam methinks?)  ;)
Homer no function beer well without.

lil sis

I just logged into my youtube account for the first time in two months and am reliving all of the memories watching all of the videos I took.  Missing these magical days.  :-\
We channeled this together, girl!!!  I was up for at least another half hour after I signed off of here last night, bundled under my covers with my camera, cause I still have a lot of the videos on the memory card... and I ended after listening to the (very unclear, mind you) Dondante... and I rewound like 4 times at the 2:22 mark where he says "if you never left these streeeeEEEets...." (accent on mid-E, heh) And like some kind of addict I wanted to log back onto my computer and post about it in the "I miss...." thread hahahahhahahah that's awesome we time-travelled together  8)
Nice!  My time-travelling lasted all day.  I'm embarassed to say that I did very little work- related tasks while working from home yesterday.  It was quite the MMJ frenzy over here.

I also love that this thread is still going.  :)
"There's still time for you to change your mind or whatever else you do."

woodnymph

Quote from: kydiddle on Jan 21, 2011, 06:22 PM

Love this, woodnymph. Love it.

I miss that feeling I had on Tuesday night after "At Dawn" when I thought, "Ohhh, there's still three more nights of music to go." And I was in that weird in between place where it didn't feel new, but I didn't feel the pangs of knowing it would be over soon. I was just....floating.

FLoaty floaty floatyyyyyy! Ky that's the perfect description! Like before you fall asleep, between dreams and being awake..... magic October days and nights.....

And I'm very glad this thread Still Moves!!  :D

And! Lil sis no need to be embarrassed! I believe you needed to have an MMJ frenzy after all yer butt-kickin at work the past few months!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Daylight is good at arriving in the night time

darkglow

such an awesome week filled with so much excitement that i nearly forgot how mind numbing this end jam of dondante was.. just listen to this video of the second half and understand that the sax solo part will never be played like that again:

Dondante part 2 - My Morning Jacket 2010.10.22 Terminal 5 NYC

darkglow

god damn that dondante youtube video from terminal 5 is haunting my dreams. i can't stop thinking about how it makes me feel to get lost in that jam.

johnnYYac

Quote from: darkglow on Jan 31, 2011, 05:41 PM
god damn that dondante youtube video from terminal 5 is haunting my dreams. i can't stop thinking about how it makes me feel to get lost in that jam.
D-glow, part of me has been trying to avoid parts of T5 I missed, but I finally caved and watched this 2-part EPIC Dondante.  Amazing!

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Im The Dude

Quote from: johnnYYac on Feb 02, 2011, 11:32 PM
D-glow, part of me has been trying to avoid parts of T5 I missed, but I finally caved and watched this 2-part EPIC Dondante.  Amazing!

johnny....I know you went to the EU night so I'm uploading right now One Big Holiday from the last night. I hope you enjoy.

7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

debbie

I'm so jealous of all you guys who went to Terminal 5!   :(  How awesome was that?  I shoulda gone!   :'(  It was only a couple thousand miles away.
Touch me I'm going to scream.

danz

currently getting midnight T5 nostalgia, again.  and i'm not an extremely sentimental person.  does this happen to anyone else?

ralph

Quote from: danz on Feb 18, 2011, 02:42 AM
currently getting midnight T5 nostalgia, again.  and i'm not an extremely sentimental person.  does this happen to anyone else?

Dude, I get T5 nostalgia on average 10 times a day.  Starting to do my fricken head in...  Did my life peak at that moment in time?
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

My Morning Tube top

Quote from: ralph on Feb 18, 2011, 05:56 AM
Quote from: danz on Feb 18, 2011, 02:42 AM

Dude, I get T5 nostalgia on average 10 times a day.  Starting to do my fricken head in...  Did my life peak at that moment in time?

Is there a cure? For you Ralph "Puck you Miss" :)

danz

Quote from: ralph on Feb 18, 2011, 05:56 AM

I hope not, for both of us, but I guess I can't rule out the possibility

Quote from: My Morning Tube top on Feb 18, 2011, 04:37 PM
Is there a cure? For you Ralph "Puck you Miss" :)

the cure?  some more shows is the only idea that comes to mind.  Storytellers, Danny Clinch's docuconcert could do the trick...

weeniebeenie

How loud can silence get?

ynwa

Quote from: johnnYYac on Feb 02, 2011, 11:32 PM

hey now - that's my video.  thank god for being able to rest my elbows on the rail, it helped me keep 'er somewhat steady.  i wanted to record it because i knew it would be ridiculous, but i really didn't want to experience that moment thru my camera's viewfinder.  so it sorta worked out  :)   

honestly, i've been shying away from the T5 youtube videos for a while.  i was totally hooked on them after the run & went on my own run of mmj only for weeks & weeks.  so much so that it seemed to amplify my sorrow that "IT" was all over.  but since the reunion and especially now w/ the new album release coming up soon, i fell off the wagon in a major way & once again cannot get enough of these videos!

i miss T5 week.  everything about it.  but i so love that this thread keeps on keepin on.
"You have to be odd to be number one." -- Dr. Seuss

bluesky

Liz, thanks so much for recording!!! I might be ready to watch too!!! Yet still feel a little sad inside when I think T5, it was just toooo amazing!!!  :'(

ynwa

Quote from: bluesky on Mar 04, 2011, 01:37 PM
Liz, that's so much for recording!!! I might be ready to watch too!!! Yet still feel a little sad inside when I think T5, it was just toooo amazing!!!  :'(

can't lie, Val - it is bittersweet watching this stuff & reminiscing.  i think the sad part is knowing that it's something that can never be duplicated, ever.

:beer: to making some new memories during the upcoming tour :beer:
"You have to be odd to be number one." -- Dr. Seuss

bluesky

been listening to T5 AD every spare moment I have had today.
the guitar solo on Honest Man and the unbelievable Phone Went West           

I just get lost in that shit!!!

Jahmazed

I've been avoiding everything MMJ since T5.. skipping the vids, haven't been to the forum etc.  My buddy just told me about the T5 countdown to circuital and when I saw the posters from the shows all lined up it hit me why.. I was scared it wouldn't get any better than that incredible week!  But now there is stuff to look forwards to again so I don't get so bummed reading this board.  Happy to back and  hope to see some of you this summer, Mtn Jam maybe? Cheers  :thumbsup:

bluesky

Still listening to T5 phone went west on the train, noticed that near the end someone shouts out:

"I LOVE YOU JOHNNY QUIAD" then i realized that it's Trish  :thumbsup: