NCAA Football count down! (updated)

Started by ycartrob, Jun 15, 2008, 03:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

primushead

UNC leads at the half!  How bout those special teams?!?

mjkoehler

Turned on ESPN to see NE/MO and Vandy about to upset Auburn. Nice.

Angry Ewok

'Bama wins and Auburn loses. Great football weekend.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

mjkoehler

Well fuck and stuff, 31-7 at the 1st half 2 minute warning. Well fuck and stuff........

TheBigChicken

the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

TheBigChicken

38-10....shit....almost like UGA last week but it's only the 3rd quarter.. :-/

TheBigChicken

52-10 ....aw shit......I need some Ellis D :-X

EAZYE

sorry mj i know thats gotta hurt.  i remember you guys humiliating us sometime in the mid 90's when our program was down
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

corey

QuoteCBS showed flagrant holding on the first TD run and it wasn't called.

I wouldn't call it "flagrant". Yeah, it looked like there was a hold, but "CBS" couldn't find anything wrong on the previous 35-40 yard catch that got flagged for illegal formation or whatever the call was.
Coffee would've had that TD whether there was a hold or not.  8-)

Also, as far as CBS goes, they need to replace Lundquist ASAP. Or at least tell him to do a little homework on his pronunciation before the games. He pronounced 4 different Bama players names incorrectly, on more than 1 occasion. I can understand a slip here and there, but I felt embarrassed for him at a certain point.

easy way

QuoteTurned on ESPN to see NE/MO and Vandy about to upset Auburn. Nice.

Not nice... :(
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

easy way

Quote'Bama wins and Auburn loses. Great football weekend.

Not great... :(
"the time is with the month of winter solstice, when the change is due to come..."

ycartrob

Also, as far as CBS goes, they need to replace Lundquist ASAP. Or at least tell him to do a little homework on his pronunciation before the games. He pronounced 4 different Bama players names incorrectly, on more than 1 occasion. I can understand a slip here and there, but I felt embarrassed for him at a certain point.

I was thinking the same thing.
Once he said a ball went through the receiver's hands when he was over thrown by 5 yards; another time he said the runner was taken down on the 3 when it was the 8.

Angry Ewok

QuoteCBS showed flagrant holding on the first TD run and it wasn't called.

I wouldn't call it "flagrant". Yeah, it looked like there was a hold, but "CBS" couldn't find anything wrong on the previous 35-40 yard catch that got flagged for illegal formation or whatever the call was.
Coffee would've had that TD whether there was a hold or not.

I was there, I saw the shitty officiating with my own eyes. The penalty you're talking about was an ineligible receiver call which is bogus because the "receiver" was behind the line of scrimmage the entire play. Bad call. After that, they flagged Julio one or two times for offensive pass interference, which was just fucking ridiculous. Cody was being held all afternoon, which is understandable, but they flagged our O-Line for holding on numerous occasions. When Coffee fumbled the ball and it bounced out of bounds on the one yard line, we should have had possession on the 1 yard line... for some insane reason, the referee placed us on the 5. The penalty that went in our favor in the red zone, that put us half the distance, should have given us a 1st down, not a 3rd and 1. From my perspective, it looked like their QB intentionally grounded the ball twice but wasn't called for it. The play clock was jacked with in the third and fourth quarters. There were a few flags thrown that were later withdrawn.

Anyway... we fucked ourselves on numerous occasions, too. Two missed field goals, a fumble near the goal line, an interception, bad play calling, bad performance. Nick Saban credited the crowd for winning this one, for keeping the team motivated. I was hoping he'd acknowledge that Bryant-Denny was not to blame for the lackluster atmosphere.

QuoteAlso, as far as CBS goes, they need to replace Lundquist ASAP. Or at least tell him to do a little homework on his pronunciation before the games. He pronounced 4 different Bama players names incorrectly, on more than 1 occasion. I can understand a slip here and there, but I felt embarrassed for him at a certain point.

I was at the game, so I didn't see the coverage, but I've heard the CBS commentary was just as biased as the officiating. Also heard they were pronouncing Julio as Jew-leo. Nice.

TEO

Quotewhere in the hell is TEO.....
;D ;D ;D Went to bed at 11:00, dvr'd the rest of the game and just "skimmed" through it when I got up. MIZZOU!!!
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

corey

There was Jew-lio Jones a few times. How about Gah-vier Arenas (at least twice)? Ron McCAIN (at least 4 times)? Brandon Deed-erick (a couple of times, probably the most understandable).

Angry Ewok

ycartrob

I was there, I saw the shitty officiating with my own eyes. The penalty you're talking about was an ineligible receiver call which is bogus because the "receiver" was behind the line of scrimmage the entire play. Bad call. After that, they flagged Julio one or two times for offensive pass interference, which was just fucking ridiculous. Cody was being held all afternoon, which is understandable, but they flagged our O-Line for holding on numerous occasions. When Coffee fumbled the ball and it bounced out of bounds on the one yard line, we should have had possession on the 1 yard line... for some insane reason, the referee placed us on the 5. The penalty that went in our favor in the red zone, that put us half the distance, should have given us a 1st down, not a 3rd and 1. From my perspective, it looked like their QB intentionally grounded the ball twice but wasn't called for it. The play clock was jacked with in the third and fourth quarters. There were a few flags thrown that were later withdrawn.

this reminds me of last year when you cried your eyes out saying the refs helped LSU win when the stats clearly begged to differ:

LSU- 14 penalties for 130 yards.
Alabama-  2 penalties for 15 yards.

You cried about the refs then and you are still crying about the refs. You won and you're still crying. Just play football man, it's that simple.
You're 6-0 and crying. Hell, you guys could go undefeated, win the BCS title, and you'd be here complaining about the refs after the title game.
;D

shut up and play football

Jon T.

QuoteWhen Coffee fumbled the ball and it bounced out of bounds on the one yard line, we should have had possession on the 1 yard line... for some insane reason, the referee placed us on the 5. .

That's not insane.  It's a rule.  Offense cannot advance the ball on a fumble.  Even had a UA player recovered that ball at the one, it would have gone back to the five.

Angry Ewok

You're sad, Tracy...  :-/

QuoteOffense cannot advance the ball on a fumble.

You're right. The Holy Roller, totally forgot about that one.

Angry Ewok

AP Top 25 (Week 6)

1. Oklahoma (51) 5-0 1,608
2. Alabama (13) 6-0 1,537
3. Missouri (1) 5-0 1,487
4. LSU 4-0 1,444
5. Texas 5-0 1,374

6. Penn State 6-0 1,287
7. Texas Tech 5-0 1,163
8. USC 3-1 1,137
9. Brigham Young 5-0 1,103