Main Menu

Our pets

Started by ycartrob, Feb 25, 2006, 02:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goodjam2bn

This is Bailey my spoiled rotten Lhasa Apso and my "fuzzy bunny". She can identify each of her toys on command! She chased a bird down once and killed it. Great watch dog and very possessive. Requires a lot of play time and that gets me off the couch!

Ride the music wave and wipe out really good!

Janet

Awwwww!  I have two Llasas (and a yorkie).  Llasas are great dogs.  Love my bitches!

weeniebeenie

QuoteIt depends on how aggressive they are.  Dogs are like 10 year old boys, sometimes you have to let them fight to establish dominance before everyone's cool with one another.  If you think they can establish dominance on their own without injuring each other, that would be they way to go.  One of them will beat the other up and the loser will buy the first round of beers.

Thinking back to my days as a pet advise for Purina...

You will need to introduce them slowly. Keep them in seperate areas and bring them around for small periods of time and only increase when they start getting along. Reward good behavior (treats work wonders) and if they start growling and yapping at each other do something to distract them. Dogs have the attention span of a nanosecond and unless you catch them in the act, have no clue what you are correcting them on. It's a slow slow process sometimes. They may not ever fully get along also. As D said, they are pack animals and there is usually an alpha and pretty much makes the others know.
Thanks for the info.
I think they are both really jealous dogs. Sometimes they seem fine with eachother but if me or my sister are around them it's hell.
How loud can silence get?

Sassbox

...and keep them on leashes during the introduction period, so you can immediately correct them if they get aggressive.

Good luck!
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

TheBigChicken

my chihuahua is a cutie but he's a solid BUTTHOLE
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Ruckus

Cygnus - 9 weeks

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

vespachick

^^^(S)He's a Frenchie, yes?  So cute.  I usually don't fall for small dogs, but my brother's Frenchie is a charmer as well, so I'm inclined to smooch!
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

Sassbox

QuoteCygnus - 9 weeks

Please tell me where you live and when you won't be home.  ;)
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

Ruckus

Quote^^^(S)He's a Frenchie, yes?  So cute.  I usually don't fall for small dogs, but my brother's Frenchie is a charmer as well, so I'm inclined to smooch!

Actually it's a Frenchton (I guess that's what they are called).  It's half Frenchie half Boston Terrier.

the_wizzard

QuoteCygnus - 9 weeks

Precious!

Took the boys on an adventure down the coast to Humboldt for a long weekend.  Here are some of my favorite shots:

weeniebeenie

All the dogs on this page are just too cute.
How loud can silence get?

Ruckus

QuoteCygnus - 9 weeks

Please tell me where you live and when you won't be home.  ;)

Well, if you'd like, you can puppy sit this Saturday while I'm at the Langhorne Slim, Low Anthem show. ;) :)

Janet

Ruckus - D'oh! Cute pics - and love puppy name!

We had a bit of bad luck last night.  Lucy, aka my favorite dog, hurt her leg.  She was running around chasing our other girlies (Teddy and Mojo) and somehow really did some damage to her back leg.  ETB took her to the vet this morning and she was put on pain meds (aka doggie downers).  We are bummed cuz we are supposed to fly out to Chicago on Saturday for the PJ shows but don't want to if our girl is not well.

Her limp seems a bit better tonight - but I'm not sure if it is because of the drugs or not.  I am incredibly distrustful of doctors who prescribe pain meds at first blush of a problem.

Thinking good thoughts...

capt. scotty

great pics BDR and Wizz!

tell Lucy to get well soon!
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Ruckus

QuoteRuckus - D'oh! Cute pics - and love puppy name!

We had a bit of bad luck last night.  Lucy, aka my favorite dog, hurt her leg.  She was running around chasing our other girlies (Teddy and Mojo) and somehow really did some damage to her back leg.  ETB took her to the vet this morning and she was put on pain meds (aka doggie downers).  We are bummed cuz we are supposed to fly out to Chicago on Saturday for the PJ shows but don't want to if our girl is not well.

Her limp seems a bit better tonight - but I'm not sure if it is because of the drugs or not.  I am incredibly distrustful of doctors who prescribe pain meds at first blush of a problem.

Thinking good thoughts...

Best wishes to your dog :)  Hope you two can make the PJ shows.

mmmm.....good thoughts.......mmmm.......good thoughts :)

AMightyCaporal

Sammy, 13 at the time

Sammy, 14, Favorite activities- lounge and sleep

Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

ALady

Awwww!  I had a Springer growing up.  Still a sucker for those spaniel eyes and long floppy ears.

And wizzard, AMAZING dog pics!  I want to go to Humboldt now...
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

AMightyCaporal

QuoteAwwww!  I had a Springer growing up.  Still a sucker for those spaniel eyes and long floppy ears.

She is actually a brittany- her color is more like a springer though.  Old girl but has been a great companion through more than half my life
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

fleabag

QuoteAwwww!  I had a Springer growing up.  Still a sucker for those spaniel eyes and long floppy ears.

She is actually a brittany- her color is more like a springer though.  Old girl but has been a great companion through more than half my life
Nice Brittany....We have two springers and there's just no words to describe how great they are to come home to everyday.  She's probably goofy like mine.
...words only got in the way

ALady

No kidding?  I wouldn't have guessed Brittany.  Beautiful old girl either way!   :)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires