Current Joys

Started by ycartrob, Aug 22, 2006, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mjkoehler

QuoteI rode in my first riding competition today.
I was really nervous but I ended up coming third in one of my events.
Congrats WB!  [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I went to an excellent comedy show last night, met my friend for lunch today then wandered through rainy London listening to John Coltrane's Ballads & I'm going to Brighton tomorrow, one of my favourite places in the UK  :)
Have fun at the beach!

TheBigChicken

very nice weenie !
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

TheBigChicken

also bought 3 turkeys ....they are a coupe of weeks old..I'm going to throw my hat in the ring and try and raise 3 urganic birds. 14 quail , 4 chicken , and 3 turkeys....I love my outdoor birds...anyone with room thinking of gettin chickens......do it....if you have any questions then shoot me  a pm !!!!!!TURKEYS  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ruckus

Great to hear WB!  Congrats! :)
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

weeniebeenie

Thanks everyone! :)
I think I'll be competing a lot more now that I know what to expect.
Mainly dressage type stuff.
How loud can silence get?

TheBigChicken

Holy CRAP turkeys can be NOISY little boogers.....pictures will be coming soon

mjkoehler

I'm still in bliss (even though I feel like crap right now). Some photographical evidence. I'm hoping this feeling holds up until 4/11 when I have Arctic Monkeys.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=55943&id=1371835020&l=7ce65caecb

MarkW

Time for a shake up for Me and Mrs W.  We're going to be moving to Andalusia, Spain, at the end of the summer.  Initial destination (for the first six months at least) will likely be Seville.

Changes at my work mean I will be working from home for part of the week.  The wonder of the interweb means that "home" doesn't have to be in the same country... and low-cost airlines mean that the commute to the UK part of my working life will not be too expensive.

I'm not keen on my forthcoming CO2 footprint, so will be doing lots of carbon offsetting to assuage my eco-guilt.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

bowl of soup

QuoteTime for a shake up for Me and Mrs W.  We're going to be moving to Andalusia, Spain, at the end of the summer.  Initial destination (for the first six months at least) will likely be Seville.

Changes at my work mean I will be working from home for part of the week.  The wonder of the interweb means that "home" doesn't have to be in the same country... and low-cost airlines mean that the commute to the UK part of my working life will not be too expensive.

I'm not keen on my forthcoming CO2 footprint, so will be doing lots of carbon offsetting to assuage my eco-guilt.

got me a movie
i want you to know
slicing up eyeballs
i want you to know
girlie so groovy
i want you to know
don't know about you
but i am un chien andalusia
wanna grow
up to be
be a debaser, debaser

got me a movie
ha ha ha ho
slicing up eyeballs
ha ha ha ho
girlie so groovie
ha ha ha ho
don't know about you
but i am un chien andalusia

debaser
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

ALady

No kidding?  How cool!  Buena suerte!
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

mjkoehler

Soup beat me to it. That's awesome Mark. I think I need to work for your Firm. My choices of relo are nowhere near that cool.

MarkW

QuoteSoup beat me to it. That's awesome Mark. I think I need to work for your Firm. My choices of relo are nowhere near that cool.

Oh, the offices are still in a wretched northern English town where it rains all the time - I'm just making a looooooooooong commute once a week!
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

IHL

QuoteTime for a shake up for Me and Mrs W.  We're going to be moving to Andalusia, Spain, at the end of the summer.  Initial destination (for the first six months at least) will likely be Seville.

Seville - enjoy that sunshine, brother!

I see it's raining again in ol' London town....

Janet

It's a toss up - finished up a three day on site audit with the Veteran's Administration (we rock!) at work OR the realization that in exactly four weeks the hubbie and I fly to Maui for a vacation.

mjkoehler

Got a lead on a new position, from the person who will do the hiring. Knowing some of the others that will apply, I'm really hopeful this one will pan out. My stress level needs a break for a while.

Soulshine

Mark- NIIIIIIce work! I'm sure Spain will be mucho amazing!

mjk-Good luck!  :)

Me, I just got home from New Belgium Brewery (sorry CrispYY.)  ;) I kept missing my exit on the way home b/c I was rocking out to Sweatbees. Sheesh, life is rough.
Because we're all in this together...

mjkoehler

Resume is in, email sent, and obligatory schmoozing has taken place. Fingers crossed. (Thanks Soulshine)

MarkW

QuoteResume is in, email sent, and obligatory schmoozing has taken place. Fingers crossed. (Thanks Soulshine)

Good luck, MJK!

Soulshine

QuoteResume is in, email sent, and obligatory schmoozing has taken place. Fingers crossed. (Thanks Soulshine)

I have a good feeling about this!!!
Because we're all in this together...

BH

Nice!  Just saw this.  Good luck mj!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.