Baseball Thread...

Started by mother_earth, Feb 22, 2007, 12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

Good to see the Rangers come out swinging again today. That game last night pissed me off. I think Im mostly interested in watching that series just to see the Yanks lose...anybody else catch that the TEX stadium was playing Thickfreakness in either the bottom of the 7th or 8th?  8-)

The Phils and Gints game has started off with some fireworks.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

TheBigChicken

Buster Posey....bbill ? :D
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

pawpaw

QuoteBuster Posey....bbill ? :D

Did you see that game last night?! THAT was a great baseball game...and tonight we have Lincecum/Halladay, with the Phillies fighting for their lives.  :D

For all the hits that Buster got last night, I think the highlight of the game for him was the defensive play at home. He really is a special player, one the Giants would be smart to hold on to.
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

TheBigChicken

GO GIANTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hacksaw

I have Buster Posey's rookie card :D

im excited for the pitching match up tonight...

hacksaw

OH GOD those grateful dead-beats tried to sing the national anthem before the game lol. so bad

TheBigChicken

That's funny. I'm not a Dead fan but I thought it was FANTASTIC...

iLikeBeer

QuoteOH GOD those grateful dead-beats tried to sing the national anthem before the game lol. so bad

You really need to get a clue...   ::)

pawpaw

QuoteI have Buster Posey's rookie card :D

im excited for the pitching match up tonight...

What did you think of the game?

.Walt

QuoteOH GOD those grateful dead-beats tried to sing the national anthem before the game lol. so bad

You really need to get a clue...   ::)

Part of me still wants to be believe that Hacksaw is Tracy or someone else. I know Saw is posting pictures and everything, but I'm still not a believer. Haha, sorry if you're real.

But damn both AL and NL are great games so far. I'm really enjoying them. I'd love zero east coast teams in it. But I'd be okay with the Phils. I like their team (hard not to). But they seem to play the game the right way. Trading and keeping their good players. I respect that. I'm hoping game 7 for both. That would be sweet!
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Jaimoe

Halladay pulled a groin muscle in the 2nd inning. Incredible seeing him tough out a win.

TheBigChicken

Thank You Texas :-* :-*   GO GIANTS !!!!!!

Tracy 3000

Part of me still wants to be believe that Hacksaw is Tracy or someone else. I know Saw is posting pictures and everything, but I'm still not a believer. Haha, sorry if you're real.

no walts

and the guy who pissed you off in traffic the other day wasn't me either

let it go man, just let it go
Jim brings all his love, passion, energy and mystery to the stage and says, "I'm right here."

.Walt

no walts

and the guy who pissed you off in traffic the other day wasn't me either

let it go man, just let it go

;D

Tracy you're something else. Remember when I said you were the type of guy who thinks about stupid shit to say all day, and then comes in here trying to be witty or clever? Like the football thread. You stopped posting, but 6 hours or so later you bump the Who Are They thread quoting me. Wow, and I should let it go? You prove me right all the time. You never posted in here before, but now? And I should let it go? Come on Tracy, live by your own words. I couldn't careless if you're hacksaw or not. But don't tell me what to be believe. Thank you.

.Walt

QuoteHalladay pulled a groin muscle in the 2nd inning. Incredible seeing him tough out a win.

Yeah, and they say pitchers aren't athletes. I couldn't imagine pitching with a pulled groin. Everything is powered off of it. Dude is ballzy, a true competitor.

Loved seeing my boy Vlad come through last night. That was awesome! I'll be going for Texas in the World Series. Gotta go with cheaterball and the AL.

.Walt

Remember this?
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ltD21rYWVw[/media]

I love how this year is Chicks Dig The Fastball. That's awesome!

TheBigChicken

I bbet bbill is still bblasted.... :D :D :D   GO GIANTS !!!!!!!!!!!!! :

pawpaw

QuoteI bbet bbill is still bblasted.... :D :D :D   GO GIANTS !!!!!!!!!!!!! :

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D

8-)

What a game! Bochy managed the bullpen amazingly in that game, and when Uribe bit that homer we could hear people screaming from their houses up and down the block. I'm worried about Sanchez getting his shit together for his next start, and think he should go in game 2 to have the comforts of home behind him.

Northern California is fuckin' ready! Looks like Lincecum/Lee in Game 1!!!

.Walt

8-)

What a game! Bochy managed the bullpen amazingly in that game, and when Uribe bit that homer we could hear people screaming from their houses up and down the block. I'm worried about Sanchez getting his shit together for his next start, and think he should go in game 2 to have the comforts of home behind him.

It seems people are sleeping on this World Series. I'd rather have the two hottest teams playing, and that's what we have. Good luck, BBill!  [smiley=beer.gif]

pawpaw

8-)

It seems people are sleeping on this World Series. I'd rather have the two hottest teams playing, and that's what we have. Good luck, BBill!  [smiley=beer.gif]

Thanks Dude.  [smiley=beer.gif]

Partly due to the fact that this Giants team doesn't score a lot of runs, and also because they have strong starting AND relief pitching, almost every game of theirs this post season has been CLOSE and VERY EXCITING. I don't expect the Series against the Rangers to be any different. I think having NL rules for 4 games at AT&T is a major advantage for the Giants too, though Cliff Lee is such a badass, it seems like he can will a victory with every start. If the Giants can beat Lee in game 1, I really like their chances.

But you're right, the two hottest teams are in it. And the Giants have been hitting too, just not driving them all home. It seems like their bats got better as the NLCS went on too, so I hope they can carry on with that into Wednesday's game.