Main Menu

Bonnaroo 2009?

Started by Im_The_Dude, Jan 21, 2009, 11:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soulshine

I've gone with a large group and I've gone with only 1 other person. Even when it is me and 1 other person, we always split up and go see different things. I think that is a healthy way to do it. Then you don't get sick of anyone too quickly. We would be together for the bigger shows, but that's about it. We would pick a time and meet at the bobble head on the west end if we needed to reconvene for something. Also, I've never agreed to go with someone who can't keep their shite together. I go to Roo to let go for a few days not to take on responsibilities. Once everyone is clear on that-its always smooth sailing.   8-)
Because we're all in this together...

Penny Lane

QuoteI've gone with a large group and I've gone with only 1 other person. Even when it is me and 1 other person, we always split up and go see different things. I think that is a healthy way to do it. Then you don't get sick of anyone too quickly. We would be together for the bigger shows, but that's about it. We would pick a time and meet at the bobble head on the west end if we needed to reconvene for something. Also, I've never agreed to go with someone who can't keep their shite together. I go to Roo to let go for a few days not to take on responsibilities. Once everyone is clear on that-its always smooth sailing.   8-)

i agree. i went to almost every show alone last year except for the bluegrass jam and MMJ (where i went alone and met up w/ghost, ghostess and ewok, which was random) even when i went w/my boyfriend, we would split up most of the time
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

capt. scotty

chode that is so funny. last year i went w/a couple people, PLUS a random girl who i split the VIP package w/ from south jersey (who was also a self medicater) ..all she did was pop oxycotin the whole trip, hung out on shakedown street and proceeded to bring various wookies back to our campsite and then slept during the day thru all the shows. ha ha...sweet girl but wow, luckily i had my own wookie-free tent.

OMG theres wookies at the Roo?!?!!! Holy shite Im totally going even if I have to hitchhike  [smiley=thumbup.gif]
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Penny Lane

chode that is so funny. last year i went w/a couple people, PLUS a random girl who i split the VIP package w/ from south jersey (who was also a self medicater) ..all she did was pop oxycotin the whole trip, hung out on shakedown street and proceeded to bring various wookies back to our campsite and then slept during the day thru all the shows. ha ha...sweet girl but wow, luckily i had my own wookie-free tent.

OMG theres wookies at the Roo?!?!!! Holy shite Im totally going even if I have to hitchhike  [smiley=thumbup.gif]

not too much anymore. bonnaroo has become almost wookie free (except for some trustafarians posing as wookies to piss their parents off) if you venture out of the main site and head down to shakedown street, you'll see the REAL wookies; (of course the last time i saw this was 2006, could not find them in 2008) they are more like crackheads, not wookies.

i just heard that phil lesh said he would never play bonnaroo again (after being asked to leave the stage last year so they could set up for kanye's performance) this stinks cuz i was hoping the Dead would be added to the lineup? anyone else read this quote from Phil Lesh?

capt. scotty

not too much anymore. bonnaroo has become almost wookie free (except for some trustafarians posing as wookies to piss their parents off) if you venture out of the main site and head down to shakedown street, you'll see the REAL wookies; (of course the last time i saw this was 2006, could not find them in 2008) they are more like crackheads, not wookies.

Huh?? I thought wookies made loud gargling noises and had names like Chewbacca.

Thats why I really wanted to go. So no real wookies? what about bigfoots?
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Penny Lane

Huh?? I thought wookies made loud gargling noises and had names like Chewbacca.

Thats why I really wanted to go. So no real wookies? what about bigfoots?

you might want to try the other (less commerical) festivals for the real wookies (lol). probably still a few but i guess being a wookie is not as lucrative as it used to be.

hizzo

i just heard that phil lesh said he would never play bonnaroo again (after being asked to leave the stage last year so they could set up for kanye's performance) this stinks cuz i was hoping the Dead would be added to the lineup? anyone else read this quote from Phil Lesh?
I've heard all about it and read people talking aabout it online but I've never actually seen the quote. Do you have a link to it?
One good thing about music: when it hits you feel no pain.

Ghostess on TV

I've heard all about it and read people talking aabout it online but I've never actually seen the quote. Do you have a link to it?

Kanye Sucks!!

Sassbox

I believe it was pre-arranged that Phil would stop playing in advance of Kanye's set.  It's not as though he was on stage and was told he had to stop playing during a performance.

I think The Dead may show up at Rothbury, but given Bonnaroo's recent oddly-phrased announcement concerning headliners, I wouldn't count them out entirely for Friday night.
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

Penny Lane

QuoteI believe it was pre-arranged that Phil would stop playing in advance of Kanye's set.  It's not as though he was on stage and was told he had to stop playing during a performance.

I think The Dead may show up at Rothbury, but given Bonnaroo's recent oddly-phrased announcement concerning headliners, I wouldn't count them out entirely for Friday night.

i hope you're right. i envisioned them before i read that. either them or the allman bros---for the LOVE OF GOD, please don't let it be widespread panic (no offense)

Sassbox

Pennylane, if it's WSP, we're gonna torch the farm...angry villager style!

I don't care for WSP at all and was kind of annoyed when they were disclosed as the big announcement last year.

The funniest thing happened to me in Milwaukee in November.  WSP was staying at our hotel and the drummer (I think) was standing next to me at the bar.  He ordered a drink and told the bartender to put it on his room.  When the bartender asked for his room number, dude says "uh, uh, can I write it down?" and then gives me a weird look.  I guess he thought I was going to show up at his room or something?  LOL, if he only knew.
God sure baked a lot of fruitcake, baby.

Penny Lane

QuotePennylane, if it's WSP, we're gonna torch the farm...angry villager style!

I don't care for WSP at all and was kind of annoyed when they were disclosed as the big announcement last year.

The funniest thing happened to me in Milwaukee in November.  WSP was staying at our hotel and the drummer (I think) was standing next to me at the bar.  He ordered a drink and told the bartender to put it on his room.  When the bartender asked for his room number, dude says "uh, uh, can I write it down?" and then gives me a weird look.  I guess he thought I was going to show up at his room or something?  LOL, if he only knew.

lol...i wouldn't even recognize them; that's funny...AS IF...and yes, they missed the mark in declaring WSP the surprise addition; i'm not getting my hopes up this year.

capt. scotty

Didnt see this in here, but I just went to check on the Roo lineup and on that page they have an interview with MJJ from before their set last year. I think I might have seen this or part of it somewhere before, but cant remember

http://community.bonnaroo.com/_Artist-Interview-My-Morning-Jacket/video/355251/12058.html?isWLL=true&st=&tid=

Penny Lane

QuoteDidnt see this in here, but I just went to check on the Roo lineup and on that page they have an interview with MJJ from before their set last year. I think I might have seen this or part of it somewhere before, but cant remember

http://community.bonnaroo.com/_Artist-Interview-My-Morning-Jacket/video/355251/12058.html?isWLL=true&st=&tid=

ahhh thanks capt. loved that...love it when he talks about levon, too.

lasvegas

QuoteDidnt see this in here, but I just went to check on the Roo lineup and on that page they have an interview with MJJ from before their set last year. I think I might have seen this or part of it somewhere before, but cant remember

kanye?!?!

i thought hippies hate kanye??

oh, never mind its the other way around.
Is there a doctor in the house tonight?

Penny Lane

stalking Jim watching Kanye (hippies do indeed love kanye) this had to have been 3/4am

capt. scotty

Quotestalking Jim watching Kanye (hippies do indeed love kanye) this had to have been 3/4am

hahah! yous crazy!!  :D

why didnt you just talk to him for a minute and get your picture with him or something instead of taking some Buffalo Bill-ian pics?

Penny Lane

Quotestalking Jim watching Kanye (hippies do indeed love kanye) this had to have been 3/4am

why didnt you just talk to him for a minute and get your picture with him or something instead of taking some Buffalo Bill-ian pics?

i got my pic taken w/him the next day. boo yah. it's already been posted. i'm a sweaty mess, not posting again LOL...i am a slick stalker.

capt. scotty

i got my pic taken w/him the next day. boo yah. it's already been posted. i'm a sweaty mess, not posting again LOL...i am a slick stalker.

wheres ats?

Im pretty sure I didnt cross it when I had my drunken stroll thru the entire memberpics thread last week  ;D

mrfizepop

Bonnaroo will not be the same without MMJ. Period.