Main Menu

I miss....

Started by trukus, Oct 29, 2010, 01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

j_rud

Reached into my jacket pocket today to hand my boss the company car keys and I pulled out a "Bitchin Soul Situation" sticker. She was amused and demanded an explanation...
Say friend, you got any more of that good sasparilla?

ynwa

QuoteReached into my jacket pocket today to hand my boss the company car keys and I pulled out a "Bitchin Soul Situation" sticker. She was amused and demanded an explanation...

it's just a way of life  ;D
"You have to be odd to be number one." -- Dr. Seuss

ynwa

i miss everyone  :(  sometimes it feels like it was all just a dream.  

Crispy

QuoteReached into my jacket pocket today to hand my boss the company car keys and I pulled out a "Bitchin Soul Situation" sticker. She was amused and demanded an explanation...
Ha! The other day I saw my dad staring at my laptop, which is adorned with not only the "Bitchin' Soul Situation", but also "Rock, Soul, Danger!", AND "Rampant Badassery".

He only shook his head in amusement...  :)

And I agree, Liz, it does feel like a dream.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

ynwa

QuoteRuckus, you ain't as cute as soulshine but you are one beautiful soul.  I miss your big smile and hanging with you too!
I want to cry right now!!!  :'(  I miss you guys so much! I wish we could have a group hug.  :-*

We need to round up the crew again and sometime in the near future.

;)

wish I knew where that group hug emote is that I've seen on this board in the past :'(

[size=24][/size]  

Missin' the bejeebies 'atta everyone!
I was only there one night, but I remember looking over and watching Woody groove with Liz and Laura on the rail.  She and the rest of you guys made me realize the whole week must have been fantastic.  By the way, do you mind that I call you Woody, Jen?

one of my favorite moments (so, ok, there were A LOT) was during touch me part 2, when i looked over to where haldon had been rocking out @ the rail & seeing john there instead - w/ the biggest smile on his face.  how wonderful of haldon to swap spots so john could get a front row view of jim's sweet 'chord action.  it made me feel very warm & fuzzy inside.

similarly - watching the sea of people part like the red sea for trish to make her way to the rail for careless whisper.

i miss all you good people very, very much  :(

T5 reunion  :-?  

ynwa

Ha! The other day I saw my dad staring at my laptop, which is adorned with not only the "Bitchin' Soul Situation", but also "Rock, Soul, Danger!", AND "Rampant Badassery".

He only shook his head in amusement...  :)

And I agree, Liz, [highlight]it does feel like a dream[/highlight].

right?!

i put the "Bitchin' Soul Stiuation" & "Rock, Soul, Danger!" stickers on my cooler.  excellent ice-breakers for future tailgating events.

johnnYYac

QuoteHehehehe that's fine I'm trying to think of an easier nicknamey name, as "woodnymph" has been slightly difficult to work with! But then I don't want to abandon this name and confuse the shiitake out of everyone.... Woody is just fine, thanks Johnny! Brooke, Liz, and Laura were real partners-in-crime with me throughout the entire week, I'm so glad we all got to share such amazing times & make some of the best memories ever!!! (And so glad I got to meet YOU! I didn't think you were comin', then Mr. Headhunter one day said something about your arrival, and it was a great surprise!) Wish I coulda seen the omni, but that just means we'll hafta meet up again sometime! Thanks for the good vibes, fellow groove-ster!  8-)
Sorry for the omission, Brooke.  Fixed.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

johnnYYac

QuoteRuckus, you ain't as cute as soulshine but you are one beautiful soul.  I miss your big smile and hanging with you too!
I want to cry right now!!!  :'(  I miss you guys so much! I wish we could have a group hug.  :-*

;)

wish I knew where that group hug emote is that I've seen on this board in the past :'(

[size=24][/size]  

I was only there one night, but I remember looking over and watching Woody groove with Liz and Laura on the rail.  She and the rest of you guys made me realize the whole week must have been fantastic.  By the way, do you mind that I call you Woody, Jen?

one of my favorite moments (so, ok, there were A LOT) was during touch me part 2, when i looked over to where haldon had been rocking out @ the rail & seeing john there instead - w/ the biggest smile on his face.  how wonderful of haldon to swap spots so john could get a front row view of jim's sweet 'chord action.  it made me feel very warm & fuzzy inside.

similarly - watching the sea of people part like the red sea for trish to make her way to the rail for careless whisper.

Thanks, Liz.  That was definitely one MAJOR highlight of the night.  I didn't know who to thank for giving me the rail for TM2, but how many of you can now say you saw near-perfect air-Omnichord?  

When I needed to recover after the Everest set and probable dehydration, getting back to the near-rail from the roof was an adventure, but no one gave me any shit as I pressed my way through the crowd.  I missed Evil Urges and had to stay put during each song before continuing forward.  But I made it!  And soulshine was my saving grace.  I owe you a case of bottled water!  If I had to find something negative about my 24 hour adventure, I can't think of anything except maybe the traffic in and out of Long Island (much worse when your bladder is full!).  Oh, and I found a $20 on the floor of T5 after the show!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Ruckus

C Bear and Gundy!  You two were the nicest, coolest west coast cats.  Awesome chillin' outside at Joe's and rockin' out on Z night with Gundy coming through topping off my drink in the pit. ;D [smiley=beer.gif]
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

headhunter

to all my friends and fellow T5 party animals, we all miss it and always will.  Obviously there were too many great moments to mention and the moments at the rail with all you crazy groupies were larger than life. What was always especially cool for me was that it seemed that we all knew while we were experienceing the smiles, laughter, high fives, moments of transcendental nirvana and just simple fun, was the sense that we all were actually living in the moment, sucking it all in and never once questioning how freakin' awesome the whole experience was.  We knew when we lived it.  I would rather see my next MMJ show with all of you who I spent T5 nights with than other friends who I've known for years and years.

And by the way, I like the name woodnymph (and the sweet soul behind the name as well) and think it should stick!
was some shakin' and some record playin'

Penny Lane

I agree (w/whoever said it upstairs there), I loved watching Haldon rocking out on the rail. He was a point of reference no matter where I was.

Headhunter, meeting you (and the MRS) was a real highlight for me. You just couldn't contain your joy at being there, and it was great listening to you all and Trish and Bob talk about your children (and those kids have NO idea how cool their parents are for rocking out at an MMJ show...so many nights in a row!)..in any case....
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

ALady

YES!  Ideally sooner rather than later...

Miss you guys!   :)
if it falls apart or makes us millionaires

j_rud

Every morning at work I park my car across the street from the Festival Pier, which always makes me think of MMJ and which currently makes me think of T5.  2 weeks later and Im still cracking a smile every morning. All the videos are nice, but I do wish there were some tapers there. Although in a way it almost adds to the whole mystique thats settling in over memories...what a fucking blast...
Say friend, you got any more of that good sasparilla?

tdb810

QuoteI agree (w/whoever said it upstairs there), I loved watching Haldon rocking out on the rail. He was a point of reference no matter where I was.

Headhunter, meeting you (and the MRS) was a real highlight for me. You just couldn't contain your joy at being there, and it was great listening to you all and Trish and Bob talk about your children (and those kids have NO idea how cool their parents are for rocking out at an MMJ show...so many nights in a row!)..in any case....

Awwwww....so sweet :)  And Chrissy will be at a show one of these days!

Miss you all, and just enjoying the wonderful memories we all made together  :)
.....Back at the Model Home

tdb810

;)

[size=24][/size]  

;) ;) ;)
.....Back at the Model Home

headhunter

Each of these represents something very special.

Penny Lane

looks great! Did you post a pic of the posters with all of them? I'm anxious to see all of them.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

kydiddle

This is awesome!!! I plan to do the same thing, but bigger and with pictures.

Awesome awesome.  :D
Cow temperature.

headhunter

posters were in another thread but here they are again

touchingmept2

Could I get a close up of the fourth one? Please?
The time is near, to come forward with whatever killed your spark.