NCAA Football 2007-2008

Started by AngryEwok, Aug 26, 2007, 11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ycartrob

QuoteSo exhibition or not, these losses are indicative of overall quality.  

right, and since the Patriots lost their first 2 pre-season football games we can conclude that they're overrated...

exhibition smechshasition

bowl of soup

right, and since the Patriots lost their first 2 pre-season football games we can conclude that they're overrated...

Are we going to do the apples and oranges thing again?
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

ycartrob

Are we going to do the apples and oranges thing again?

no

I'm just wondering why the fuck we're talking about college basketball on the college football thread...    :-/

FOCUS MAN!  [size=9](sheeesh)[/size]

bowl of soup

[/quote]

FOCUS MAN!  [size=9](sheeesh)[/size][/quote]

If I could focus, I wouldn't be on here posting anything.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

ycartrob

Mississippi St.- 17
Alabama- 12

damn refs!  >:(

what a great quote from MSU coach Croom: "We've got bragging rights now," said Croom, the Tuscaloosa, Ala., native said. "I don't have to say anything, but if I want to I can."

ycartrob

jeeeez, Ohio State got dominated that last Illini drive (your opp. runs the final 8 minutes off the clock, in your own house?). Plus, OSU ran 3 plays in the 4th quarter! 3!  ;D ;D  Talk about showing your true colors, OSU gave up over 400 yards in total offense. Then the OSU players are throwing punches at the Illini players after the game? Probably blame the refs...

Now that we got the Big 10 riff raff out of the way, maybe we can have a real BCS championship game this year. Hoping for LSU v Oregon.

-how about Hawaii vs Kansas?

primushead

Yup.  And what a balsy play for Illinois to go for the QB sneak on the 4th down.  Very key.

On the plus side, this should shake things up in the BCS.  I agree with you Tracy...an LSU v. Oregon game would be ideal at this point.

TheBigChicken

roll Tide ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;Dcongrats you just lost to the door mat of the SEC
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

BH

QuoteLSU v. Oregon

Not gonna happen. The train that is Ole' Mizzou cannot be stopped. ;)

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Angry Ewok

Quotecongrats you just lost to the door mat of the SEC

You've got the wrong Mississippi team, you're thinking of Ole Miss. Though they came close to beating Bama, too.

As for Mississippi State... MSU is now bowl eligible, with wins over Kentucky and Auburn in their own backyards, and now a big one against Alabama. It's kind of hard to call them the door mat when they've beaten the #2 in the SEC East and both of the #2 runners of the SEC West, this year.

It wasn't pretty, that's for sure. John Parker Wilson had a complete and total mental breakdown on the field, today, and his poor decisions have cost us another game. I'm wondering what Coach Saban is up to? He's made it clear time and again that he would prefer we lose a game with a JPW than to give the backup a chance. Our backup is not a redshirt, but for some reason, unknown to the public, Saban has refused to give him any playtime (3 snaps all year, I believe).

My guess is that Saban thinks he can sign Star Jackson by somehow demonstrating how much better our season could have been if we had a reliable gun. I won't question the man's recruiting ability...

Anyway, I'm really happy for Croom. I've always had a soft spot for the guy, and I was almost positive that this was to be his last season at MSU... I guess not! Bottom line is, though, he'd better tell his kids to enjoy this victory for the next few days - Mike Shula's recruits will be phased out quickly.

It helps that Georgia destroyed Auburn, Notre Dame lost again, and "THE"  "#1" (111!!!!oneone!!!lolz) Ohio State was spared a BCS bowl embarassment, too.

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

EAZYE

QuoteLSU v. Oregon

Not gonna happen. The train that is Ole' Mizzou cannot be stopped. ;)

Not so fast!  That train has already been derailed once BH ;)
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

TheBigChicken

very true ;)the thought of Saban at Bama should scare some people....Tip your hat to Crooms..those guys deserve a bowl.....crazy football season :P

Angry Ewok

Alabama will be picked over MSU to go to a bowl game, strictly because we travel better and spend craploads more money... but I really hope Croom can take his folks to a bowl game. They are awesome this year, for an MSU team, I mean.

Anyway, enough about them... I'm wondering what to expect from the Iron Bowl. We've got Tommy Tubberville flirting with the idea of going to Texas A&M. It's Saban's first Iron Bowl, too, and we're in a 5 year losing streak. Both teams are coming off of an embarrassing loss. Both teams have a quarterback that is unreliable.

This one could be close. Check this out...

UGA beat Alabama - 26-23
UGA beat Auburn -  45-20

LSU beat Alabama - 41-34
LSU beat Auburn - 30-24

MSU beat Alabama 17-12
MSU beat Auburn 19-14

Alabama beat Arkansas 41-38
Auburn beat Arkansas 9-7

Alabama beat Vanderbilt 24-10
Auburn beat Vanderbilt 35-7

Alabama beat Ole Miss 27-24
Auburn beat Ole Miss 17-3

ycartrob

yeah Ewok, I'll be pulling for Bama over Auburn, considering tubberville lied to his players (and neighbors) at Ole Miss and left for Auburn. Hope you guys don't let me down.

USF screwed me earlier when I was rooting for them over Rutgers.

Angry Ewok

I just wanted to remind everyone that [size=20][highlight]"THE"[/highlight] Ohio State Buckeyes are #7[/size]

;)

Angry Ewok

Quoteyeah Ewok, I'll be pulling for Bama over Auburn, considering tubberville lied to his players (and neighbors) at Ole Miss and left for Auburn. Hope you guys don't let me down.

Truthfully, I don't like our chances against Auburn. My preseason pick was 8-4 with losses to Georgia, Florida State, LSU, and Auburn... so now we'll need a win against the Barn to make up for the humiliating loss to MSU. The only chance we've got is if, on top of Auburn being hungover from the loss to Georgia, we take this simulated BYE week and somehow fix the quarterback situation.

Otherwise, there is no way we can win against the Barn, not when our quarterback gives more passing yards in interceptions than in forward passing to his own receivers.

I can't say I'll be totally heartbroken from here on out, since our bowl selection isn't going to be pretty... I'm just ready for the season to wrap up, as I'm excited to see what comes out of the recruiting.

Oh, and as far as the lyin' bastard over at Auburn... I can't bash Tubby too much, as Saban lied about leaving the Dolphins, too. Haha. But shit, Tubby took it a little too far when he said he'd only leave Ole Miss in a pine box...

As far as USF goes... I wouldn't have put any money on them, even though they were doing well winning out of their class. I just didn't like what I saw.

But, I admit, I was wrong about USF. I was wrong about BC. And I was wrong about Ohio State.

So I'm gonna keep my mouth shut.

:-[

;D

#1 LSU
#2 Oregon
#3 Oklahoma

For the first time this season, the Top 3 is legitimate.

sweatboard

That's a good top three but LSU would get smoked by Oregan and Oklahoma.  
There's Still Time.........

Angry Ewok

QuoteThat's a good top three but LSU would get smoked by Oregan and Oklahoma.  

I dunno. As battered as LSU was, they still managed to put up an effortless 50 points on some nobody team, this weekend. I could certainly live with either of the three being crowned, but in looking at injuries and whatnot - I see Oregon struggling to hold their ground and being bumped off, giving us a pretty awesome LSU v. Oklahoma game. If that becomes the case, I predict LSU soundly defeating Oklahoma, like they did in 2005(?).

And hot damn, I hope Georgia is given a shot at Ohio State...

;D

TheBigChicken

I dunno. As battered as LSU was, they still managed to put up an effortless 50 points on some nobody team, this weekend. I could certainly live with either of the three being crowned, but in looking at injuries and whatnot - I see Oregon struggling to hold their ground and being bumped off, giving us a pretty awesome LSU v. Oklahoma game. If that becomes the case, I predict LSU soundly defeating Oklahoma, like they did in 2005(?).

;D
don't agree with first comment but would LOVE Ohio So vs GA :)

EAZYE

;D

I would love a shot at either LSU or Oregon.  But if we play LSU in the Sugar Bowl again I'll say LSU will definetly be favored.  Les Miles has beaten our Savior Stoops twice in his career something not to many coaches can say.  Much rather it be Oregon as the fans down there in New Orleans make a bowl game impossible to enjoy.  I've never been around more classless fans than those of LSU.  Would love to get a revenge game against Oregon after we got cheated out of a win the last time we played them, and in a national title game it wouldn't get any sweeter.  We need to shore up our defense first, giving up 21 pts. and over 400yds of offense to Baylor isn't National Championship material :-/

But Ohio State being exposed definetly makes me ;D ;D
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away