NCAA Football 2007-2008

Started by AngryEwok, Aug 26, 2007, 11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bam_Bam

Preseason rankings should have nothing to do with previous bowl wins as the teams that won those games aren't the same anymore. You're telling me that this years Louisville team really should've been ranked where they were? If i had it my way rankings would be done away with but they make things interesting i guess.
[url="//www.myspace.com/wearemurals"]www.myspace.com/wearemurals[/url]

aMD

West Virginia and Mizzou for the title?  :-/

That's better than Kansas and Oregan.  I'd like to say OSU/WVU but it'll probably be OSU/OU

BH

QuoteI believe there are 2 certainties at this point of the season:

1-Mizzou, Kansas, and Oklahoma are all in charge of their destinies; win out and they're in.

2-LSU is in that same boat. However, LSU loses at Ole Miss tomorrow in an upset of epic proportions

Therefore, make room for West Virginia b/c Ohio St loses to Michigan tomorrow in the Save Lloyd's Ass Bowl.

I like this theory.  Verrrry much.

If yall havn't seen Mizzou play yet, I think you would enjoy that matchup from a strictly spectator point of view.  I know it doesn't quite have the ring to it as "LSU vs USC "or something like that, but do you remember what team gave you the most exciting game last year?

That's right, did you forget already?  Watch and remember.....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WgjKXyL_o24
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ycartrob

That's right, did you forget already?  Watch and remember.....
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WgjKXyL_o24

That was the most amazing game I have ever seen. Never gets old.

EAZYE

It gets old if you're from Oklahoma :-/
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

EAZYE

That's better than Kansas and Oregan.  I'd like to say OSU/WVU but it'll probably be OSU/OU

would love to see this happen, would also love to see OU crush OSU.  I can't stand the big 10.

I honestly don't really feel as if OU is a national championship caliber team but it's in our own hands so we don't really have anyone to blame if we don't make it there.

BH

QuoteIt gets old if you're from Oklahoma :-/

Sorry man, I was hoping you wouldn't have to see that.

That is the game that should have destroyed the BCS B.S.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

EAZYE

QuoteIt gets old if you're from Oklahoma :-/

Sorry man, I was hoping you wouldn't have to see that.

That is the game that should have destroyed the BCS B.S.

great game, no doubt.  just my team was on the wrong side of that one. :-?

Bam_Bam

Anyother possibility...say Georgia wins out, OSU wins and either west virginia or oklahoma loses, Georgia could possibly leap frog OSU, beating Kentucky AND LSU, that'd be a hell of an ending for them. Also if OSU beats Michigan tommorrow it still won't be that great for them (pointwise). The strength of schedule will suffer...it's interesting to think that because Oregon lost last night that could effect OSU if they beat michigan. it doesn't get much better than this in the world of sports. :D
[url="//www.myspace.com/wearemurals"]www.myspace.com/wearemurals[/url]

primushead

Ok everyone.  Ohio State or Michigan?

I'm going with OSU by 7.

aMD

I'll go with Ohio State by 43 a la Woody Hayes.

For those who don't know the story.  Hayes' Buckeyes were crushing Michigan 48-7 with only a few minutes left in the game when Hayes called his team out for a two-point conversion making the score 50-7.  After the game when Woody was asked why he would go for two in that situation he said, "Because they wouldn't let me go for three".

Aw shit, I'm getting pumped!

aMD

btw, for those of you awake who have HBO.  There is a HBO documentary coming on at 10 about the Ohio State Michigan rivalry.  I'm going to watch it for the third time this week.  It might just show you SEC and Big 12 fans what REAL football tradition is.

aMD

I will also be rooting pretty hard for Cincinnati over WVU.  I like both clubs but like UC more, plus it'll help OSU find their way back into the national championship hunt.

ycartrob

Quoteit doesn't get much better than this in the world of sports. :D

a playoff would make it better

for me, there's nothing more exhilirating than March Maddness.

aMD

Oh YEAH!  That's Ohio State defense!  Fuck Michigan!

;D ;D ;D

The broadcasters were calling OSU's chances of making the national championship game slim but I think they're not half bad!  Oregan already lost.  Kansas, Missou, and OK play each other so either 2 or all three of them will lose, and LSU still has a SEC championship to play. only problem may be if Georgia beats LSU they could pass OSU in the polls.  I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that all the Big 12 teams fold down the stretch and OSU plays LSU for the national championship.  OOOOoooooooo YEAH!!!

The DARK

No way does Georgia deserve to be in the championship. Not the same team that lost to South Carolina.
In another time, in another place, in another face

primushead

Quoteit doesn't get much better than this in the world of sports. :D

for me, there's nothing more exhilirating than March Maddness.

Amen.

ycartrob

This just in from Tuscaloosa:

The Sunbelt's own 4-6 Lousiana-Monroe- 21
Alabama and their millionaire coach- 14

Is this what we call SEC football ewok?

PENALTIES:

LA-Monroe- 7 penalties for 65 yards
Alabama-  2 penalties for 15 yards
>:(

Angry Ewok

It was easily the worst football game I've ever seen in my life. That includes four years worth of high school games, one season of XFL games, a spring season of YMCA non-contact, and a couple of frustrating attempts at TECMO XTREME Football on the original Nintendo.

;D

Oh well. This was the senior game, so Shula's boys can leave the field knowing they've got one more chance to redeem themselves for the total disgrace they've brought to the uniform today (and last week).

Oh, and say what you will about Nick Saban... but I was there, and his coaching wasn't the problem. Saban's first year at LSU included a loss to UAB. Pretty typical of a transition year... win some you shouldn't, lose some you shouldn't.

I really want those four hours of my life back, though... I could have been watching football.

;)
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

Angry Ewok

Congrats to Notre Dame for their first win at home, by the way. I look forward to finding out which bowl game they've earned.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.