NCAA Football 2007-2008

Started by AngryEwok, Aug 26, 2007, 11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry Ewok

I didn't catch but one of the three OTs of the Arkansas @ LSU game, but wow. I wonder if this seals the deal between Les Miles and Michigan? Houston Nut is still gone, I bet... people out there just despise the guy.

I caught the Stanford @ Notre Dame matchup, somehow. It had some of the worst officiating I've ever seen... those guys had no authority at all on the field, allowed little fights to break out, were allowing helmet-to-helmet, roughing the passer, etc. The Stanford coach took his QB's helmet after the guy appeared to have a concussion, but a quarter later gave it back to him to try and win the game. That blew my fucking mind... to put him back on the field to probably get sacked again is just disgusting.

Best game of the weekend that I saw was Tennessee @ Kentucky. I didn't think UT could do it, but they hung on and won it. Props to Philip Fulmer, he was probably going to be on the chopping block after this season... not anymore.

I don't really have a dog in the LSU/Tennessee game, since I hate both of them. Sad that Georgia gets shafted out of the SEC Championship game, but that's just the way it works.

As far as the Iron Bowl goes... Interesting how the Barners reported 100,000+ fans in attendance... when their stadium only holds 80,000. BAMA kept it close, a police officer's drug sniffing dog attacked an Auburn wide receiver in the endzone, an Auburn player held up his number "6" backwards, John Parker Wilson looked cute, the commentary sucked, and ESPN tried to promote a really shitty theme song. I've been saying it for four or five weeks, I can't wait for next season.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

EAZYE

I guess you could say it's been an ok year for the sooners.  We had a couple of let downs that hurt our chances but it's never bad when we beat Texas and OSU.  Big 12 Championship should be interesting, it's hard to beat a team twice in the same season so needless to say I don't like our chances.  

I really think Chase Daniels deserves some love for the Heisman.  If you haven't seen him yet you really are missing a good quarterback.  Reminds of Doug Flutie, the little guy just wins.  Hermo are you going to the game in San Antonio?  TEO?  Well let's just say I hope it's a fun game to watch.  Looking back at the first one, your running back was out, now we don't have Demarco Murray :-/  I'm just gonna throw this out there OU 31   Mizzou 28
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

ycartrob

A playoff system would be nice. If Ohio State, West Virginia, Kansas and Mizzou all have one loss, it's unfair to leave two out. Politics and timing. If Ohio State had lost to Illinois the second game of the season, they'd be number 1 now, but since they lost late, they lose out. It's a shame (and a scam).

Hopefully it's just a matter of time.

mjkoehler

QuoteI guess you could say it's been an ok year for the sooners.  We had a couple of let downs that hurt our chances but it's never bad when we beat Texas and OSU.  Big 12 Championship should be interesting, it's hard to beat a team twice in the same season so needless to say I don't like our chances.  

I really think Chase Daniels deserves some love for the Heisman.  If you haven't seen him yet you really are missing a good quarterback.  Reminds of Doug Flutie, the little guy just wins.  Hermo are you going to the game in San Antonio?  TEO?  Well let's just say I hope it's a fun game to watch.  Looking back at the first one, your running back was out, now we don't have Demarco Murray :-/  I'm just gonna throw this out there OU 31   Mizzou 28
This goes against everything I was raised on, but I have to cheer for Mizzou for this game. I want the Big 12 to be in the Championship game and this will be the only way. I want to cry now after having just typed that I have route for Mizzou. just what in the hell is this world coming to....  :'(:-/

EAZYE

MJ  WTF!  Rooting for Mizzou how dare you sir! :-?  

Glad to see you guys fired that asshat up there.  Really interested to see who the new hire is going to be.  The Big 12 needs you guys to return to national prominence.  It wouldn't hurt my feelings if you decided to take back that previous post and root for the sooners.

mjkoehler

I had to take one for the Conference. It's a bigger sin to cheer for the Sooners in NE. You can get shot for something like that! Man I miss the old NU/OK games....

Not only is Doucheybeday gone, but something like 12 members of his coaching staff. Osborne ain't f'n around. Turner Gill is my pick and Buffalo gave NU permission to talk to him. Callahan was 15-18 against the Big 12, 0-7 against top 10 opponents and 3-10 against the Top 25. He was 0-17 in games in which the Huskers trailed at halftime. That just ain't gonna cut it. Shit, there isn't anything in NE but corn in the East, sandhills in the west and FOOTBALL.

BH

Glad to see you finally came around Mike.... ;)

I am not going to San Antonio but I may be going to New Orleans.  Ya know, I keep hearing that it's tough to beat the same team twice in one year, but I don't know what that has to do with anything.   I'm already getting nervous!

Damn this is fun.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

TEO

KOEHLER ON BOARD!!!    :)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

bowl of soup

If there is ever, ever, ever, ever going to be a year when the little guy gets a real chance at greatness, is this not the year?  Why not Hawaii?  Not a team in the country that wants to play June Jones' boys and his run and shoot.
I'm not saying it's easy...walking into sweet oblivion.

aMD

QuoteIf there is ever, ever, ever, ever going to be a year when the little guy gets a real chance at greatness, is this not the year?  Why not Hawaii?  Not a team in the country that wants to play June Jones' boys and his run and shoot.

agreed.  

I also agree that it'll be a total hose job if OSU doesn't make it.  Like Tracy said if they had lost that game earlier in the season that would be #1 right now.  WVU lost to USF who's barely ranked at 25 and OSU lost to a white hot Illinois team at #15 and rising, but somehow OSU's loss is a "worse" loss.  That's bullshit.  But i'll cool down on that point with my fingers crossed that Mizzou goes down (nothing personal, guys, of course).

also as Tracy said it just points out had badly we need a playoff season.

oh shit, I agreed with Tracy twice.  what's that quote:  whenever you find yourself on Tracy's side it's time to stop and reflect.  :-/

mjkoehler

QuoteDamn this is fun.

Now you know it feels like to have grown up on the mean streets of Omaha when your school was great, especially in the mid 90's when we ruled!

[size=8]and I am only cheering to keep the National title in the Big 12. After the Season I am back to my normal anti Tigers self  :D[/size]

Angry Ewok

Houston Nut of Arkansas, Ed Orgeron of Ole Miss... both fired today.

I wonder if Nut is headed to Ole Miss, now? I think it'd be a good catch on Mississippi's part, but it's much harder to win at Ole Miss than at Arkansas.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

ycartrob

QuoteHouston Nut of Arkansas, Ed Orgeron of Ole Miss... both fired today.

Nutt resigned today, Orgeron was fired 2 days ago.

The DARK

QuoteHouston Nut of Arkansas, Ed Orgeron of Ole Miss... both fired today.

Nutt resigned today, Orgeron was fired 2 days ago.

I don't get all the hate that Nutt was getting. He pulled Arkansas out of the SEC west cellar and that's how the fans repay them? He really was a great coach.

Ole Miss, however, made the right choice.  ;)
In another time, in another place, in another face

Tooth

QuoteTHE YEAR OF THE MOUNTAINEER!  

Gimme some more!!

EAZYE

QuoteIf there is ever, ever, ever, ever going to be a year when the little guy gets a real chance at greatness, is this not the year?  Why not Hawaii?  Not a team in the country that wants to play June Jones' boys and his run and shoot.

agreed.  

I also agree that it'll be a total hose job if OSU doesn't make it.  Like Tracy said if they had lost that game earlier in the season that would be #1 right now.  WVU lost to USF who's barely ranked at 25 and OSU lost to a white hot Illinois team at #15 and rising, but somehow OSU's loss is a "worse" loss.  That's bullshit.  But i'll cool down on that point with my fingers crossed that Mizzou goes down (nothing personal, guys, of course).

oh shit, I agreed with Tracy twice.  what's that quote:  whenever you find yourself on Tracy's side it's time to stop and reflect.  :-/

aMD I'm glad to see your rooting against Mizzou, but I would rather see my Sooners go down in the big 12 championship then ever see your buckeyes in the national championship.  i don't know what it is about OSU but words can't express my hate for them.  maybe because every time i bet on them they somehow fuck me over :-/

primushead

agreed.  

aMD I'm glad to see your rooting against Mizzou, but I would rather see my Sooners go down in the big 12 championship then ever see your buckeyes in the national championship.  i don't know what it is about OSU but words can't express my hate for them.  maybe because every time i bet on them they somehow fuck me over :-/

I don't really hate OSU...they seem to run a clean program (in hoops and football), their fans don't seem like total douchebags (unlike Florida/Dook fans) and I really respect Jim Tressel as a coach.  I usually like to see them get a loss because they win all the time and it makes things interesting, but would I like to see them out of the National Championship game?  Not really.  

Considering how bad they got humiliated last year, I think they deserve another shot at it. :-/

bowl of soup

If academics mattered it's be BC vs. UCinn.  See more here:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/071127

OSU finishes 22 out of the current BCS top 25.

aMD

QuoteIf academics mattered it's be BC vs. UCinn.  See more here:

I don't know about that list! I'm a Cincy fan as well so I know that their basketball team has had the worse graduation rate in d1 every year for the past couple decades.  it hard to believe that the football team is much better.  I'm just saying...

bowl of soup

QuoteIf academics mattered it's be BC vs. UCinn.  See more here:

I don't know about that list! I'm a Cincy fan as well so I know that their basketball team has had the worse graduation rate in d1 every year for the past couple decades.  it hard to believe that the football team is much better.  I'm just saying...

Crazy, huh?  I guess Huggy-bear didn't exactly crack the whip.  Read the article though.  The person who did this study is really the expert on the subject.  My new darling Hawaii finished last with a negative score - hard to do.