The NFL Thread 2009

Started by capt._headdy, Mar 20, 2009, 01:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBigChicken

Tampa looked crappy today. Were not talking game one rust either. These guys are in REAL trouble. Byron Leftwich is the starting QB. Next week Buffalo and the the Giants :-/
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

capt. scotty

I didnt see the game last night or the 2nd halves of the late games, but almost all the early games looked pretty sloppy and ugly. I wasnt too impressed with most teams.

The 2 teams that stood out to me were Philly and NYJ. Ruckus, youre Jets look like theyre going to be pretty damn good this year. Ryan has that D looking like it could be Top 5, and that was without Ellis and Pace  :o

I think Thomas Jones could be the most overlooked/underrated player in fantasy.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Ruckus

In no way am I rubbing salt in the wound but I wanna ask how it felt for Bengals fans yesterday.  What a punch in the stomach!  Kind of reminds me of the Jets during the eight years I lived in the NY area when they didn't have one winning season and found spectacular ways to lose games when it seemed impossible.

1 game is just one game but I do believe the Jets and that defense put the league on notice that this is not a rebuilding year.  

You're right about the Eagles Headdy.  They look like a strong team but I guess it was expected for them.

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

corey

I was pulling for the Bengals yesterday. It may have had something to do with the fact that I just want good things to happen for them after watching "Hard Knocks". Also, I think Josh McDaniels is a smug asshole and I wanted the Broncos to lose. Looked like the Bengals had it in the bag. Damn.

.Walt

So now I'm a HUGE Vikings fan this year. I'm going all out homer with it too. It's going to be great!

Much Greater Than Science Fiction

aMillionDreams

QuoteIn no way am I rubbing salt in the wound but I wanna ask how it felt for Bengals fans yesterday.  What a punch in the stomach!  Kind of reminds me of the Jets during the eight years I lived in the NY area when they didn't have one winning season and found spectacular ways to lose games when it seemed impossible.

1 game is just one game but I do believe the Jets and that defense put the league on notice that this is not a rebuilding year.  

You're right about the Eagles Headdy.  They look like a strong team but I guess it was expected for them.

I'm still kind of in denial.  That was awful. I would say maybe it'll teach us a lesson, but we've learned enough lessons as an organization,it's time to put our education to action!
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

capt. scotty

Would've been a great finish to opening weekend if Buffalo or Oaktown hung onto their games and pulled em out. The Buffalo one is really surprising.

From Oakland, to KC, to SF, I see more parity this year than in awhile. I dont think Detroit will be terrible either as long as Stafford doesnt let the wheels fall off.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

Ruckus - you wanna get in on an avatar bet for Stillers/Bers?

Ruckus

QuoteRuckus - you wanna get in on an avatar bet for Stillers/Bers?

I don't like the matchup and I don't like the line either.  Man, I know it's just the avatar but....

OK if you give me 3 points.

capt. scotty

I don't like the matchup and I don't like the line either.  Man, I know it's just the avatar but....

I bet I can get you gambling by the end of the day?

Deal!!

Jbones72

HUGE win for the Jets today, lost my voice screaming at the game! Haven't had a crowd like that in years!!!
8-)

Ruckus

QuoteHUGE win for the Jets today, lost my voice screaming at the game! Haven't had a crowd like that in years!!!
8-)

I am quite jealous man!  Really was a huge win.  I bought two bottles of Champagne on Saturday and told my friends that they were to be opened after successive wins by the Jets over the Pats then the Bears over the Steelers.  They laughed at me.  I drank them both 8-)

Great day with nice lines.

Moneylined Ravens, Giants, Bears all as dogs.
Saints laying 1.5 and Bills laying 4 were no brainers.

Only trip up was taking Seattle.

Colts -3 tonight

Ruckus

Deal!!

Points weren't necessary huh?  I ended up betting the Bears anyways straight up. Ha

Here ya are Headdy

http://www.baltimoremagazine.net/allthepiecesmatter/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/ray_lewis.jpg

TheBigChicken

Have to listen to Giant fan ALL day at work ;D :-/ :D >:

corey

Damn, it was a rough day for the Titans. How did their Defense get so bad so fast? It can't all be contributed to Haynesworth because a lot of the problem was with the secondary. Damn it.

Bears looked pretty good pulling one out on the Steelers. That was a fun one to watch. They still had a bunch of dropped passes though.

God damn Cowboys. What the hell? They should have won that one.

Former Bama player Antwan Odom came up big for the Bengals with 5 sacks. He had 2 last week. Roll Tide!   ... and how about OchoCinco with the Lambeau Leap?!!?!?!?!   ;D

Penny Lane

QuoteHUGE win for the Jets today, lost my voice screaming at the game! Haven't had a crowd like that in years!!!
8-)

i love it that the jets won, and i double-love it that they beat the sniveling patriots.

i also love it that the steelers lost, although i shouldn't really SAY they lost, well i guess beating yourself still constitutes a loss. i'm just bummed santonio holmes didn't make that catch.

the browns....um....next.... :-[
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

TheBigChicken

8-)

i love it that the jets won, and i double-love it that they beat the sniveling patriots.

i also love it that the steelers lost, although i shouldn't really SAY they lost, well i guess beating yourself still constitutes a loss. i'm just bummed santonio holmes didn't make that catch.

the browns....um....next.... :-[
well at LEAST your use to the Browns losing..... ;D

capt. scotty

Deal!!

Points weren't necessary huh?  I ended up betting the Bears anyways straight up. Ha

Here ya are Headdy

http://www.baltimoremagazine.net/allthepiecesmatter/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/ray_lewis.jpg

ugh...

capt. scotty

watching the saints play is like watching someone play Madden...that O is rediculous

goodjam2bn

I'm pullin' for the Titans!
Ride the music wave and wipe out really good!