Started by capt._headdy, Mar 20, 2009, 01:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheBigChicken

Tampa looks like a train wreck... ;D
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

TheBigChicken

QuoteOne made up word:

OCHOCINCO!!!!!
care less for the guy but he has MAD SKILLZ!!!!!

capt. scotty

QuoteAndre Smith finally signed. I know he's made some poor decisions this year (the shirt incident, who he lets represent him legally, etc), but I hope he does well for the Bungals. They don't seem to have their shit together in the front office.

His training they were showing on Hard Knocks was pretty damn funny I thought. I realize OL are huge, but he just looked out of shape.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Hawkeye

Bears looked pretty decent last night.  Wow Cutler was getting booed hard!  Totally expected, but he seemed to handle it well.  Forte looks good.  After several years of horrible draft picks, the Bears finally got one right with Forte.  And they finally have a QB.  Probably still not a Super Bowl caliber team, but at least they will be tolerable to watch this year.  I couldn't take much more of watching Grossman/Orton throw predictable 3-5 yard passes all game...man was that frustrating!
We could.

capt. scotty

Andre Smith fractured his foot. HA. HA.

Lawrence Timmons has a high ankle sprain and might miss the big opener vs. Tennessee  :'(
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

corey

If this is not one fucked up pre-season, then I don't know what is.

Looks like Culpepper could miss Week 1 as well.

aMillionDreams

Lawrence Timmons has a high ankle sprain and might miss the big opener vs. Tennessee  :'(

HA. HA.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

capt. scotty

HA. HA.

kiss the rings, biyatch

aMillionDreams

HA. HA.

kiss the rings, biyatch

Get over yourself. I don't actually laugh over injuries, I was only trying to give you a taste of your own classless medicine. That's what I get for stooping to your level. Enjoy your cheap beer and shitty fucking town, dipshit.

capt. scotty

I thought it was funny Smith heldout because he thinks he awesome before even playing a down in the NFL. The fact that he's on the Bungals is just bonus.

And you can keep hating on Pittsburgh just like everyone else from cities with teams that suck. Its alright, I dont mind. Best sportsfans in the nation.

corey

Smith has his issues, sure, but you can't entirely blame the holdout on him. The Bungals were trying to low-ball him as they have a history of doing.

aMillionDreams

His contract was also pretty complicated. Apparently if he gets over 350 he can lose half his contract. He also gets docked if he falls off the 48-man roster. And they have an option for a 3-year extension.  I could see how those terms might have taken some negotiating.

TheBigChicken

Bucs vs Texans  3 turnovers, 8 seconds into the game. Shitty football at its FINEST ! ;) ;)

Ruckus

QuoteBucs vs Texans  3 turnovers, 8 seconds into the game. Shitty football at its FINEST ! ;) ;)

WOW!  How did that happen?  Guess I'll catch the highlights
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

.Walt

I worked at this bar when I was in college, the owner is something else (in a good way)

[size=16]Just couldn't pass this up
[/size]
The owner of a sports bar in Mankato now also owns not a Whizzinator but the Whizzinator.

By MICHAEL RAND, Star Tribune

Last update: August 31, 2009 - 12:16 AM

Matt Little called his sister over the weekend and told her, "You'll never guess what I just bought." He then asked her if she had heard of the Original Whizzinator that had been in the news.

"She said, 'Yeah, some idiot paid $750 for that thing.' I said, 'Yeah, that was me,'" Little said with a laugh Sunday night.

Little, 26, owns Buster's, a sports bar in Mankato. He is the mystery man who purchased the Whizzinator that ex-Viking Onterrio Smith was so famously detained with at the Minneapolis-St. Paul airport in 2005. That piece of inglorious local sports history -- a device with a prosthetic penis attached to a jock strap and filled with "clean" urine to help pass a drug test -- was up for auction Friday night in Shakopee.

Little couldn't be in attendance for the auction, but he sent an agent to make the purchase for him. He said he wouldn't have bought it "if the price had been 10 grand," but overall his motivation was fairly simple.

"We're a sports bar, and I'm a sports collector," Little said. "I'd love to have the Original Whizzinator on display. ... I'm going to use it."

Use it right now? Little laughed.

"It's out in the truck," he said. "I'd feel a little weird if I had it in my hand right now."

But soon, the Whizzinator will be out in the open at Buster's and will be featured prominently in some of the bar's rather risque promotions. One would imagine it will attract curiosity seekers -- particularly next summer during Vikings training camp in Mankato.

So Little considers it money well spent, even if his sister didn't.

"I'm a promotions guy. I'll try anything once," he said. "Even saying the name, you have to laugh."

The greatest promotion of all? Little is already thinking about that.

"We're going to try to get Onterrio down here," Little said. "There might be some sentimental value. He might want to come down to see it."

Much Greater Than Science Fiction

capt. scotty

Nice  ;D

Not a bad price either for something like that youd think.

Onterrio Smith, he didnt go to Oregon by chance, did he?  ::)

capt. scotty

This made me throw up in my mouth a little. Brady has a logo.

TheBigChicken

QuoteThis made me throw up in my mouth a little. Brady has a logo.

;D

bear sin rug

QuoteThis made me throw up in my mouth a little. Brady has a logo.

;D

I think Brady can do whatever he wants. Must be nice.  :-/

It's a bad idea

capt. scotty

Shawne Merriman arrested on suspicion of choking and restraining his girlfriend, Tila Tequila.

Man, his career has really gone downhill the last couple years.