The NFL Thread 2009

Started by capt._headdy, Mar 20, 2009, 01:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaimoe

Today's Bills-Browns game is the worst I've ever seen in my four decades of NFL watching. CFL pre-season is better.

TheBigChicken

QuoteToday's Bills-Browns game is the worst I've ever seen in my four decades of NFL watching. CFL pre-season is better.
6-3 sounds like a REAL stinker :-/
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

bear sin rug

...and the Broncos have got to be 1 of the worst 4-0 teams ever.

Then I assume you would think they're one of the worst 5-0 teams ever, too?
;)
It's a bad idea

capt. scotty

;)

They looked good. You've got to admit though, before this week, they didnt have an impressive win on their belt. This substantiates their status some. Clearly everything is in their hands with SD, BAL, and PIT on the table for their next 3 games to show if this was extra adrenaline vs. McD's old team or not.

This was the first time Ive seen them this year, so outside of that "wildhorse" formation Im not sure how different their O has been, but it reminded me exactly of what NE's O was before they got Moss. Just all kinds of quick and underneath patterns that are difficult to defend, especially against guys like Marshall and Royal.

McDaniels' celebration after the game was a bit much though. You'd think they just won the AFC champ game. Im sure the media will blow up Belicheat snubbing him on the handshake as well.

Id like to personally thank your Broncos and the Bungals for beating NE and BAL though...its like icing on top of the cake
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

bear sin rug

;)
They looked good. You've got to admit though, before this week, they didn't have an impressive win on their belt.

Acutally, they had beaten the Bengals and Cowboys, both "impressive" (considering most predicted they would go 7-9 this year). Speaking of "impressive", who have the Steelers beaten this year?  ;)
It's a bad idea

aMillionDreams

;)
They looked good. You've got to admit though, before this week, they didn't have an impressive win on their belt.

Acutally, they had beaten the Bengals and Cowboys, both "impressive" (considering most predicted they would go 7-9 this year). Speaking of "impressive", who have the Steelers beaten this year?  ;)

Not the Bengals!  ;D

So, if beating the Bengals isn't impressive, you must think the steelers are awful since they couldn't find a way to do it.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

AMightyCaporal

;)

Not the Bengals!  ;D

So, if beating the Bengals isn't impressive, you must think the steelers are awful since they couldn't find a way to do it.

ravens couldn't either
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

AMightyCaporal

I got killed in fantasy football this week... :(

Unless ronnie brown and dan carpenter put up 40 points each...

I don't mind losing as long as the phins pull out a win!  NE lost, BUF lost, if Miami wins- NYJ lose!

please oh please oh please oh please oh please!
Oh I'll never say I knew you, but my heart can't wait to meet you on the other side

AMightyCaporal

pawpaw

QuoteGiants 28 Oakland 0   it's halftime...are you kidding me ;D

>:( Don't get me started...fuckin' Raiders. How can they find new depths, new ways to dissapoint me every year? Jamarcus Russell is an absolute joke. He's not even a capable backup!

"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

AMightyCaporal

>:( Don't get me started...fuckin' Raiders. How can they find new depths, new ways to dissapoint me every year? Jamarcus Russell is an absolute joke. He's not even a capable backup!

My dad is a raiders fan- he cheers for the vikings this year... al davis needs to get out of the organization and the team needs to be completely rebuilt... they have had enough losing seasons- one more rebuilding/fresh start shouldn't be too much to ask

capt. scotty

;)

I didnt consider the bungals win impressive because they won that game due to a ball doinking off a helmet, and somehow no safety was behind in coverage to prevent Stokley from going 80 yards after that.

Cowboys are pretty bad this year. Almost lost to KC yesterday and were losing most of the game. So I dont consider that win all that impressive.

After seeing them yesterday Im warming up to the Broncos actually being a solid team, but like I said, lets since what they do over their next 3. And especially for them, the next one vs. SD

Only impressive Steelers win so far was the San Diego game, but despite blowing 2 games we dominated for the better part of 3 quarters, we still be tied for first place in the division. I can live with that, as long as the 4th Q play improves as we tread on.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

My dad is a raiders fan- he cheers for the vikings this year... al davis needs to get out of the organization and the team needs to be completely rebuilt... they have had enough losing seasons- one more rebuilding/fresh start shouldn't be too much to ask

they need more like an expansion draft as opposed to a year of rebuilding  ;D

sorry bbill. i never understood why jamarcus was considered an elite pick in the first place. i guess because he could toss a ball over the golden gate bridge

bear sin rug

I didnt consider the bungals win impressive because they won that game due to a ball doinking off a helmet, and somehow no safety was behind in coverage to prevent Stokley from going 80 yards after that.

A Steelers fan who doesn't understand the relevance and impressivness of a ball doinking off another player for a game winning score..... you should hang your head in shame. Shame on you!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xMDIcsUMmA&feature=related[/media]
It's a bad idea

pawpaw

they need more like an expansion draft as opposed to a year of rebuilding  ;D

sorry bbill. i never understood why jamarcus was considered an elite pick in the first place. i guess because he could toss a ball over the golden gate bridge

Russell was a #1 pick because Al Davis is obsessed with the vertical passing game. That's why they drafted Heyward-Bey too. Those two clowns wouldn't have been picked so high by any other team. Old Al loves that shit though, he eats it up. Fuckin' retard.  

Dude, AMC, when you say that Al Davis "needs to get out of the organization", that means that he needs to die. I say the same kind of stuff, like "well, once Al steps down" or "once Skeletor leaves", but they all mean the same thing...Al Davis has too big of an ego to ever concede control of his team while he's still alive. He'll die in that luxury box. He's so obsessed with his legacy that he won't step down until he wills his team back into a winner, and he's going to die before that happens, so he'll be there until the end.

So yeah. He needs to get out of the organization.
"I'm able to sing because I'm able to fly, son. You heard me right..."

aMillionDreams

A Steelers fan who doesn't understand the relevance and impressivness of a ball doinking off another player for a game winning score..... you should hang your head in shame. Shame on you!

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xMDIcsUMmA&feature=related[/media]

;D ;D ;D

Good call. But we're really just shooting fish in a bucket here.

Hey Walt, Headdy just gave us another reason to put an asterisk by one of the steelers' Superbowl wins.

Keep talkin Headdy, all you do is drive your foot further down your throat, which IS impressive considering how far your head is up your ass.

;D
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

bear sin rug

Actually, the Steelers lost to the fish in the AFC championship game the week after the immaculate reception (according to Wikipedia). That was the undefeated fish team. But old Steelers fans realize that was the launching point of a dynasty.
It's a bad idea

.Walt

Much Greater Than Science Fiction

.Walt

;D

Bear Sin Rug, you know your shit brother!
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

TheBigChicken

All I know is it's getting pretty ugly here in Tampa Bay :-/..... ;D
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry