College Football 2112

Started by Tracy_3000, Aug 21, 2010, 02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ophidiophobia

Football starts today! I didn't renew my season tickets this year to watch my OSU Cowboys so I think I'll end up watching a larger variety of college football this year. I love being in Stillwater on gamedays but it is an all day event, as I'm sure all college campuses are.

What is everyone's take on Boise State this year? They used to be the little school that beat the Sooners on some trick play magic, and now the media seems to make them out as one of the most hated programs in the country. I think they are a great program year in and year out, but I don't think they would finish 12-0 every year in larger conferences like the Big XII, SEC, Big 10, and the ACC. I think they could compete in most of those conferences but not run the table on a regular basis like they are now.

Ruckus

Quotehttp://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5519832&utm_source=bleacherreport.com

Multiple sources told ESPN.com that the two divisions in the Big Ten will look like:

• Michigan, Nebraska, Iowa, Michigan State, Northwestern and Minnesota.

• Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin, Purdue, Indiana and Illinois.

Whaddyall think of this breakdown?  It really doesn't matter for us until we actually have a team.

I guess we can officially welcome you MJK!  

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

iLikeBeer

Quotesaturday is the day. roll tide! hope ingram recovers from his knee op in time for the penn state game next weekend...

I dont hope so!!!

Sorry capt.  But with or without Ingram I think the Tide will roll PSU...

Ruckus

QuoteFootball starts today! I didn't renew my season tickets this year to watch my OSU Cowboys so I think I'll end up watching a larger variety of college football this year. I love being in Stillwater on gamedays but it is an all day event, as I'm sure all college campuses are.

What is everyone's take on Boise State this year? They used to be the little school that beat the Sooners on some trick play magic, and now the media seems to make them out as one of the most hated programs in the country. I think they are a great program year in and year out, but I don't think they would finish 12-0 every year in larger conferences like the Big XII, SEC, Big 10, and the ACC. I think they could compete in most of those conferences but not run the table on a regular basis like they are now.

I think Boise has set themselves up for finally a legitimate chance at a BCS championship and I think that it is a good thing.  I've never liked the smurf turf but I have always rooted for them because I hate the BCS system and big conferences in general.  I HOPE they beat Va. Tech and are on their merry way to a perfect season.

Go BOISE!

mjkoehler

Quotehttp://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5519832&utm_source=bleacherreport.com

Multiple sources told ESPN.com that the two divisions in the Big Ten will look like:

Whaddyall think of this breakdown?  It really doesn't matter for us until we actually have a team.

That pretty much looks like Lincoln!! That and the juice bar not that far out of town. Not that I know about that place or anything.

Penny Lane

That pretty much looks like Lincoln!! That and the juice bar not that far out of town. Not that I know about that place or anything.

so we could be playing Michigan twice in one season?
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

.Walt

QuoteFootball starts today! I didn't renew my season tickets this year to watch my OSU Cowboys so I think I'll end up watching a larger variety of college football this year. I love being in Stillwater on gamedays but it is an all day event, as I'm sure all college campuses are.

I think Boise has set themselves up for finally a legitimate chance at a BCS championship and I think that it is a good thing.  I've never liked the smurf turf but I have always rooted for them because I hate the BCS system and big conferences in general.  I HOPE they beat Va. Tech and are on their merry way to a perfect season.

Go BOISE!

I agree with everything you just said Ruckus.

Do I think they could go undefeated in a powerhouse conference?...probably not. Do I love seeing people in powerhouse conferences pissed?...absolutely.  
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

.Walt

That's what I've been hearing. You think that's a good thing for the rivalry?
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

Penny Lane

i like the addition of Nebraska but this i don't really like.
i don't want to play U of M twice, and i don't think we need a championship game played under a dome. it's just not big ten. (i might be alone in this) And a permanent rival? ....

mjkoehler

i don't want to play U of M twice, and i don't think we need a championship game played under a dome. it's just not big ten. (i might be alone in this) And a permanent rival? ....
no issue with the perm rival. DIE PSU DIE! However the dome thing I'm on the fence. 1 part of me thinks it's great as the Big 12 Champ games would rotate between a north and south stadium and it was nicer when it was indoors here in St Louis then at Arrowhead stadium in KC. The other part of me is saying football in meant to be played outdoors dammit, preferrably on grass.

capt. scotty

Quotesaturday is the day. roll tide! hope ingram recovers from his knee op in time for the penn state game next weekend...

I dont hope so!!!

We dont even know who our starting QB is yet so I wouldnt doubt it
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Penny Lane

I dont hope so!!!

it's the freshman!

capt. scotty

You sure about this twice a year thing? I would expect you play them every year but the only time you play them twice would be if each of you win your respective divisions (not happening for UM anytime soon)
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

I dont hope so!!!

it's the freshman!

Which one? Bolden or Paul Jones? Last I heard they were going to redshirt Jones and he was my favorite of the 4 QBs

Penny Lane

I dont hope so!!!

it's the freshman!

Which one? Bolden or Paul Jones? Last I heard they were going to redshirt Jones and he was my favorite of the 4 QBs

what's his name..the true fresh from TSUN
sorry i can't remember, the kid who just got there..

capt. scotty

Well theyre both true freshman but it looks like its Bolden, and Jones is indeed getting redshirted. I havent seen anything of Bolden since he wasnt even with the team yet for the spring game, but I didnt like what I saw from the other 2 guys so Im on board with this.

The article I just read said he's only the announced starter for this week though and all 3 QBs will possibly play

First time PSU will have a true frosh as opening week starter in JoePa's head coaching career  :o

Ruckus

I dont hope so!!!

it's the freshman!

what's his name..the true fresh from TSUN
sorry i can't remember, the kid who just got there..
He's baaackkk

capt. scotty

I expected Wisconsin and Northwestern to be flipflopped but other than that looks right. Probably went this way so each conference is more balanced as Wisconsin is consistently much better.  

Too bad Nebraska isnt in our conference!

mjkoehler

I expected Wisconsin and Northwestern to be flipflopped but other than that looks right. Probably went this way so each conference is more balanced as Wisconsin is consistently much better.  

Too bad Nebraska isnt in our conference!
No, but you are the "permanent" rival.

capt. scotty

I meant that because of the twins Ruckus posted  ;)

I guess Michigan State is now longer our rivalry game  ;D