College Football 2112

Started by Tracy_3000, Aug 21, 2010, 02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iLikeBeer

QuoteThat game was ten times better than the Boise/Va Tech game which was nice too.  I swear I don't think I would have even watched that game xcept that I felt compelled to do my due diligence in learning about Ole' Miss before I talked any junk about them here.  The plays that tha JSU QBs made over and over again in the most clutch, pressure packed situations were a marvel to watch.  

Wasn't that Jax State QB in there in OT a true freshman?  That throw to the back of the end zone on 4th and ball game was unfreakingbelievable!  And then I love the call to go for the win with the two point conversion!   :D

Ruckus

QuoteThat game was ten times better than the Boise/Va Tech game which was nice too.  I swear I don't think I would have even watched that game xcept that I felt compelled to do my due diligence in learning about Ole' Miss before I talked any junk about them here.  The plays that tha JSU QBs made over and over again in the most clutch, pressure packed situations were a marvel to watch.  

Wasn't that Jax State QB in there in OT a true freshman?  That throw to the back of the end zone on 4th and ball game was unfreakingbelievable!  And then I love the call to go for the win with the two point conversion!   :D
I think you are right about the QB.  I really don't think I'll see a better game this year or for a couple of years for that matter.  Sure there will be more meaninful games with dramaric endings such as this past Monday's game but goddamn JSU was something else.  That throw to the endzonw was somewhat reminiscent of Favre to Lewis last year but this one was on the run and he had to get it over aqnd down to the back of the endzone on the money.  WOW!  Both the 2 pt conversions were clutch, the one in regulation to tie and the winner.  Great pocket presence and calm to make the throws under pressure.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

TEO

NAU gonna' kick some ASU Axe down in Tempe on Saturday... ;)
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

br00ke

tons of great games tomorrow .. i think i'm gonna have to go out tonight (quite a few local shows going on) so that i'm so hungover that i am forced to lay in bed all day and watch football  ;)

auburn @ miss. state last night .. we got a win but man, what a mess! our offense was struggling in the 2nd half. i was fit to be tied thinking we might take a loss this early in the season ... no siree

Penny Lane

Quotetons of great games tomorrow .. i think i'm gonna have to go out tonight (quite a few local shows going on) so that i'm so hungover that i am forced to lay in bed all day and watch football  ;)

auburn @ miss. state last night .. we got a win but man, what a mess! our offense was struggling in the 2nd half. i was fit to be tied thinking we might take a loss this early in the season ... no siree

i just posted to you in the other thread about your game last night.
i'm doing the same thing tomorrow. there are a ton of good games, ending w/the hopeful pounding of Bama!
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

br00ke

no no no .. the pounding of  Penn St.

we should watch some games together sometime .. esp. when it gets thick in the season!

BH

Quotetons of great games tomorrow .. i think i'm gonna have to go out tonight (quite a few local shows going on) so that i'm so hungover that i am forced to lay in bed all day and watch football  ;)

Tons of great games tomorrow is right!

Alabama - Penn State!

Ohio State - Miami!  (Go Buckeyes)

Oklahoma - Florida State!

Georgia - South Carolina

Stanford - UCLA

Oregon - Tennessee

Iowa - Iowa St.  (I love rivalry games)

MIZZOU - McNeese St!  (OK so only I care about this blow out.)

[size=8]Ruckus, I've held off on discussing last week.  We're gonna miss playing you guys every year.   :'(   ;)[/size]
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Penny Lane

Quoteno no no .. the pounding of  Penn St.

we should watch some games together sometime .. esp. when it gets thick in the season!

if you know a good bar in brooklyn, let me know!
there's an OSU bar in Hoboken but i'm not too crazy about it. i got the big ten network so i could watch at home.

BH

WALTER CAMP DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK
Aldon Smith
10 Tackles including 3 for a loss.
2 Sacks and 1 Hurry
Put team on back and took over game in second half (I added that stat)

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

iLikeBeer

Alabama - Penn State!

Georgia - South Carolina

Stanford - UCLA

Oregon - Tennessee

[size=8]Ruckus, I've held off on discussing last week.  We're gonna miss playing you guys every year.   :'(   ;)[/size]

Just thought I'd add Michigan @ Notre Dame.  Niether team may be ranked, but it is still a pretty heated rivalry.

Also, speaking of Players of the Week:

WALTER CAMP OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK:

DENARD ROBINSON, MICHIGAN

Sophomore, Quarterback, Deerfield Beach, FL/Deerfield Beach

In his first game as a starter, sophomore quarterback Denard Robinson accounted for 383 yards and two touchdowns as Michigan defeated Connecticut, 30-10, before a crowd of 113,090 in Ann Arbor. Robinson rushed for 197 yards -- a school record for a quarterback -- and one touchdown (32 yards) to go along with 186 yards passing (19-of-22) and an 11-yard scoring toss.  

Yet another reason to watch Michigan-ND  8-)

Ruckus

Alabama - Penn State!

Georgia - South Carolina

Stanford - UCLA

Oregon - Tennessee

Just thought I'd add Michigan @ Notre Dame.  Niether team may be ranked, but it is still a pretty heated rivalry.

Also, speaking of Players of the Week:

WALTER CAMP OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK:

DENARD ROBINSON, MICHIGAN

Sophomore, Quarterback, Deerfield Beach, FL/Deerfield Beach

In his first game as a starter, sophomore quarterback Denard Robinson accounted for 383 yards and two touchdowns as Michigan defeated Connecticut, 30-10, before a crowd of 113,090 in Ann Arbor. Robinson rushed for 197 yards -- a school record for a quarterback -- and one touchdown (32 yards) to go along with 186 yards passing (19-of-22) and an 11-yard scoring toss.  

Yet another reason to watch Michigan-ND  8-)
Thanks for being gentle BH.  I'll remember that.

Over/under on # of scholarships Michigan will lose over the next five years because of Robinson and Rodriguez - 20

Over/under on # of years of probation Rodriguez will put the program on - 2
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

iLikeBeer

QuoteOver/under on # of scholarships Michigan will lose over the next five years because of Robinson and Rodriguez - 20

Over/under on # of years of probation Rodriguez will put the program on - 2

Give me the under, thank you very much.   ;)

Besides, it's not like what the NCAA found Michigan to be in violation doesn't happen at every major DI college football program.  We're not talking USC-like cheating here.

BTW, I'll take RR over the Zooker anyday of the week...  :P

br00ke

so wrecked from last night that i'm forced to stay in bed and watch football all day?? .. CHECK !!

my personal line up ..

gamecocks @ georgia

miami @ ohio state  +++  florida state @ oklahoma

penn state @ 'bama +++ oregon @ tennessee

capt. scotty

Ya hear that? That is the sound of thousands of Boise St fans shedding a tear because their "big" win over VTech aint gonna matter too much now that VT lost to James Madison!!
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

TheBigChicken

damn the Tide is ROLLING......PSU must stop the run :-X
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

TEO

THEE Ohio State University...
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Penny Lane

QuoteTHEE Ohio State University...

;) ;) :D now THAT was a game

TheBigChicken

the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Penny Lane

Denard Robinson...um...wut?!

capt. scotty

QuoteHoly Richardson

He's better than Ingram....NFL draft will prove that
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons