College Football 2112

Started by Tracy_3000, Aug 21, 2010, 02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

QuoteDenard Robinson...um...wut?!

His first name is Denard, you are correct.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

iLikeBeer

QuoteDenard Robinson...um...wut?!

Kid's pretty sick if you ask me!  ND had a week to prepare to at least try and slow him down and 500+ total yards later, Brian Kelly is scratching his head just like Randy Edsall was doing last Saturday!   8-)

And as much as it pains me to admit, OSU looked pretty damn good in their beatdown of Miami.  Pretty clear who the best QB was in that game.

TheBigChicken

QuoteHoly Richardson
22 Rush
144 Yards :o
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

corey

And as much as it pains me to admit, OSU looked pretty damn good in their beatdown of Miami.  Pretty clear who the best QB was in that game.

I wouldn't call it a beatdown.

TheBigChicken

ok SHELLING
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

capt. scotty

ok SHELLING

They should send thank you cards to Jacory Harris
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Penny Lane

ok SHELLING

They should send thank you cards to Jacory Harris

I think you all have points.
Miami made some mistakes (Harris namely) way too many times, but that's what OSU's defense does to you, wears you down so you make mistakes. Our special teams looks awful but as long as T Pryor keeps getting better, we should be okay. Sanzenbacher and Boom Herron looked great, Brandon Saine should be catching not running. Some questionable play calling that needs to get tighter...but still a great game.

I heard Iowa looked terrific, extremely nervous about that game, also nervous about not being able to contain D Robinson but maybe he'll be tired of running or injured by the end of the Nov. (i keed i keed)..
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

TEO

The D is the key to me enjoying OSU Football...
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

iLikeBeer

I don't take much stock in Iowa just yet.  They have played two pretty weak opponents.  Let me see what they do against a team with somewhat of a pulse before I aknowledge how good they look.

iLikeBeer

Sorry but I guess Denard doesn't like sharing too much:

WALTER CAMP NATIONAL OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK

DENARD ROBINSON, MICHIGAN

Sophomore, Quarterback, Deerfield Beach, FL/Deerfield Beach

For the second consecutive week, Michigan sophomore quarterback Denard Robinson earns Offensive Player of the Week honors – and is the first player to do so since the award began in 2004. Robinson accounted for a school-record 502 yards of total offense as the Wolverines defeated Notre Dame, 28-24. Robinson's two-yard rushing touchdown with 27 seconds left was the game-winner. Robinson rushed for 258 yards – eclipsing his week-old school record for a UM quarterback -- and two touchdowns (2 and 87 yards) to go along with 244 yards passing (24-of-40) and a 31-yard scoring toss. Robinson is the ninth quarterback in FBS history to gain more than 200 yards passing and 200 yards rushing in the same game.

Robinson is the fourth FBS player to earn Walter Camp Player of the Week honors twice in a season (the last to do it was Texas Tech quarterback Graham Harrell, who won the award twice in a three-week span – October 26 and November 9, 2008).

8-)

Also, Chimdi Chekwa won Defensive Player of the week giving the Big 10 a sweep this week!   8-)

Tracy 3000

Jim brings all his love, passion, energy and mystery to the stage and says, "I'm right here."

Hawkeye

QuoteI don't take much stock in Iowa just yet.  They have played two pretty weak opponents.  Let me see what they do against a team with somewhat of a pulse before I aknowledge how good they look.

That's the way we like it 'Beer  ;)  Just like last year...we basically get no respect every year until we win a bowl game that we're not supposed to win.
We could.

Ruckus

QuoteI don't take much stock in Iowa just yet.  They have played two pretty weak opponents.  Let me see what they do against a team with somewhat of a pulse before I aknowledge how good they look.

That's the way we like it 'Beer  ;)  Just like last year...we basically get no respect every year until we win a bowl game that we're not supposed to win.
Sorry to jinx you Hawkeye but you guys are the deal.  If the Big Ten finds its way into the title game, I want you guys to represent.  Yeah that beer guzzling Michigan fan living in Ohio is really chatting up a storm with early season individual  accolades. ;)  McNutt ;D. Makes me laugh every time
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Hawkeye

Sorry to jinx you Hawkeye but you guys are the deal.  If the Big Ten finds its way into the title game, I want you guys to represent.  Yeah that beer guzzling Michigan fan living in Ohio is really chatting up a storm with early season individual  accolades. ;)  McNutt ;D. Makes me laugh every time

Hahaha!!!   ;D   ;D  Yeah, it makes me laugh too!  I have no idea why I don't own a McNutt jersey yet.  One of many of life's great mysteries.
We could.

capt. scotty

Yeah, Iowa is definitely legit...We'll see how everything pans out, but if the winner of the Iowa-tOSU game ends up undefeated, they gotta be in the NC game

Tracy 3000

Jim brings all his love, passion, energy and mystery to the stage and says, "I'm right here."

BH

Our cruisers can't repel firepower of that magnitude!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

iLikeBeer

Quote that beer guzzling Michigan fan living in Ohio is really chatting up a storm with early season individual  accolades. ;)  

LOL!  Pretty apt decription if I do say so myself!   8-)   :D

Tracy 3000

[size=18]Houston, we have a problem[/size]

mjkoehler

Huskers are fucking for realz this year. I heart Bo!