College Football 2112

Started by Tracy_3000, Aug 21, 2010, 02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EAZYE

QuoteNebraska has done very well against SEC. The 80's we always seemed to get paired against LSU in Bowl Games...and won. in the 90's, 2 of our 3 National Championships came at the expense of beating, no decimating, SEC teams. This is just the greatest play ever.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LHbZ3T4rzA[/media]

tommie frazier was the man.  I'm pretty sure those husker teams lined up and just ran all over everyone that got in their path.  Quite possibly one of the greatest teams of all time.

And yes crispy is a cowboy and I'm a dirtburglar ;)  Pretty sure we are the only two from ok on here
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

Crispy

tommie frazier was the man.  I'm pretty sure those husker teams lined up and just ran all over everyone that got in their path.  Quite possibly one of the greatest teams of all time.

And yes crispy is a cowboy and I'm a dirtburglar ;)  Pretty sure we are the only two from ok on here
Holy shit, is football season about to happen? Ah, I see we Aggies are playing Washington St. on Saturday, so I guess I will have something to do that day.

Ha! EZ, you're the first Sooner fan I've ever seen use the dread "dirtburglar" moniker (hence the "Aggie" above)! See you in Stillwater this year?

There are a couple other Okies here, TGMC I think is one.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

mjkoehler

QuoteNebraska has done very well against SEC. The 80's we always seemed to get paired against LSU in Bowl Games...and won. in the 90's, 2 of our 3 National Championships came at the expense of beating, no decimating, SEC teams. This is just the greatest play ever.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LHbZ3T4rzA[/media]

Yeah, I miss the days of the option and power I. Hell I miss the days of the dreaded Sooner Wishbone. And wear the moniker Dirtburgler with pride!

ophidiophobia

Holy shit, is football season about to happen? Ah, I see we Aggies are playing Washington St. on Saturday, so I guess I will have something to do that day.

Ha! EZ, you're the first Sooner fan I've ever seen use the dread "dirtburglar" moniker (hence the "Aggie" above)! See you in Stillwater this year?

There are a couple other Okies here, TGMC I think is one.
I'm a Cowboy too! Wore my OSU shirt to work today. I'm exicted about football this year just not so much the Cowboys :(

EAZYE

where abouts are you from ophi?  I like the cowboys chances this year, what do you guys think about gundy not calling the plays this year?

and crispy i would love to see a game in that new stadium yall have.  was up there for work the other day and it looks pretty nice.  i will give you this, the people in stillwater know how to party ;)
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

Penny Lane

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

ophidiophobia

Quotewhere abouts are you from ophi?  I like the cowboys chances this year, what do you guys think about gundy not calling the plays this year?

and crispy i would love to see a game in that new stadium yall have.  was up there for work the other day and it looks pretty nice.  i will give you this, the people in stillwater know how to party ;)

I graduated from OSU in '08; I live about a hour and a half south of Tulsa. I like the style that the guy from Houston is bringing to Stillwater I'm just not sure that OSU has the skill players to suceed, but it is an exciting style of play.  

Tracy 3000

I really hope Boise State beats Va Tech next week.
Jim brings all his love, passion, energy and mystery to the stage and says, "I'm right here."

Tracy 3000

BTW, have the students at Ole Miss been warned to lock down all of their electronic and computer equipment with the felon Jeremiah Masoli now enrolled down there?  :o  He's got fresh pickin's down there in Oxford!   ;D

or not

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-mississippi-masoli
Jim brings all his love, passion, energy and mystery to the stage and says, "I'm right here."

capt. scotty

I have a feeling Pitt is really going to play a great game tomorrow and show the country how good they might be, but vegas would say otherwise.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

br00ke

ha, apparently i don't look around this board enough b/c i had no clue there was a football thread. i am so pumped for this season .. i'm a huge SEC fan but my main team is auburn .. WAR EAGLE!!

i just moved and planned on going w/o television but i caved and have basic cable being installed this saturday  ;D .. i still won't have ESPN though but i can go to the gym and watch there while getting some exercise in and/or stream online. i will, however, be sad to miss Game Day on lazy saturday mornings.

Penny Lane

Quoteha, apparently i don't look around this board enough b/c i had no clue there was a football thread. i am so pumped for this season .. i'm a huge SEC fan but my main team is auburn .. WAR EAGLE!!

i just moved and planned on going w/o television but i caved and have basic cable being installed this saturday  ;D .. i still won't have ESPN though but i can go to the gym and watch there while getting some exercise in and/or stream online. i will, however, be sad to miss Game Day on lazy saturday mornings.

I thought you were a BAMA fan for some reason! Nice...
Starts for us tomorrow!

br00ke

wellll .. i am supposed to be, at least my family raised me that way  ;D  i definitely watch all of their games / pull for them but when they square off with auburn . . i'm all about the tigers!

Penny Lane

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5519832&utm_source=bleacherreport.com

Multiple sources told ESPN.com that the two divisions in the Big Ten will look like:

• Michigan, Nebraska, Iowa, Michigan State, Northwestern and Minnesota.

• Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin, Purdue, Indiana and Illinois.

megalicious

saturday is the day. roll tide! hope ingram recovers from his knee op in time for the penn state game next weekend...
all facts begin as dreams dreamt by the wizard

capt. scotty

Quotesaturday is the day. roll tide! hope ingram recovers from his knee op in time for the penn state game next weekend...

I dont hope so!!!
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Penny Lane

[size=20]CAN YOU SMELL IT IN THE AIR!?[/size]

mjkoehler

Besides the overwhelming smell of hops and barley wafting over my office campus from AB, YES I CAN.

Saturdays will officially be chili days from now until Jan 3.

Penny Lane

QuoteBesides the overwhelming smell of hops and barley wafting over my office campus from AB, YES I CAN.

what is your recipe?
it doesn't include kidney beans, right?
i want to try to make some this year.

mjkoehler

QuoteBesides the overwhelming smell of hops and barley wafting over my office campus from AB, YES I CAN.

what is your recipe?
it doesn't include kidney beans, right?
i want to try to make some this year.
It usually does but they can be easily removed and it not mess up things. Chili beans and black beans are also used. I do not follow a recipe per say. Meatwise, it's a mix of pork and beef, usually ground. I'm going to try not using ground this year as I set aside some of the meat from the hog I butchered specifically from chilis and soups. I will be braising the hell of of stuff this fall/winter.