The NFL Thread: 2010

Started by capt._headdy, Mar 05, 2010, 07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt. scotty

Bradshaw has never been a fan of Roeth, dont know if he's afraid of being forgotten or his records broken, but once this happened it didnt really surprise anyone.

Pretty sure Bradshaw isn't concerned about being forgotten in Pittsburgh. Anyone who was around during the Steel Curtain years can tell you that. He's probably like a lot of other's who feel Roethliesberger is a low-life bum, who got his SB rings from the fact Tom Brady couldn't deliver in 2005 (sports hernia for last 6 games of the season) and in 2008 (out for entire year). Those were the 2 SB years for Roetliesberger and it's pretty commonly understood that if Brady's there, the Steelers lose and probably have traded Big Ben by now.

Youre pretty funny, chief
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

ManNamedTruth

Can you guys answer my question about how Steeler fans reacted to Terry Ballgame's comments on Fox's pregame about Big Ben. That had to be a talked about subject in Pitt. I'm interested on how that turned out.

Finally a picture of Patrick rocking the Troy jersey!! If only there was a clearer pic, Id make it my avatar.

As for Bradshaw's comments, it wasnt really talked about. Bradshaw has never been a fan of Roeth, dont know if he's afraid of being forgotten or his records broken, but once this happened it didnt really surprise anyone. There was so much talk about Roeth this spring around here, every day, that at the time when Bradshaw made his comment, people were done talking about Ben and just interested in what the team is/was/will be doing.

Id say it was like 80-85% of people who wanted him gone in the spring. Just like I predicted, those people arent running their mouths about getting rid of him anymore since it looks like were poised for a playoff run. I was actually talking to some lady in the hospital last week and she said if Batch beat the Ravens that he'd still be starting over Ben...We got some delusional yinzers round these parts  ;D

I'm disappointed that I can't find any better pics, I think that one is a still from a video. There isn't any pics at all from the show in the gallery section either.  :-/
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

ManNamedTruth

Bradshaw has never been a fan of Roeth, dont know if he's afraid of being forgotten or his records broken, but once this happened it didnt really surprise anyone.

Pretty sure Bradshaw isn't concerned about being forgotten in Pittsburgh. Anyone who was around during the Steel Curtain years can tell you that. He's probably like a lot of other's who feel Roethliesberger is a low-life bum, who got his SB rings from the fact Tom Brady couldn't deliver in 2005 (sports hernia for last 6 games of the season) and in 2008 (out for entire year). Those were the 2 SB years for Roetliesberger and it's pretty commonly understood that if Brady's there, the Steelers lose and probably have traded Big Ben by now.

If one tried hard enough, you could make up those kinds of scenarios against any championship team. We haven't played the Pats in the playoffs since Ben's rookie season, I'd be all for a rematch!

Ruckus

MURPH!  What are we doing?!  We're trying everything to lose this game!  >:(
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

.Walt

QuoteWalts...Do we have time for an avatar bet?  I'll even give you some points.

Give me points? Naw, I'm up for the bet. But don't pull a Headdy. If I win, I pick the picture and the line under the pic.

Whatchoo talking bout Willis? I never didnt follow thru on an avatar bet

You followed through, but you used the line under the picture as a loophole. I think it was a hockey bet between us.  

Now Ruckus what's it going to be?  
Much Greater Than Science Fiction

capt. scotty

I was working during the game last night and didnt turn it on until late in the 3rd...based on what I saw, I cant believe the Vikes didnt have more points on the board. Jets seemed to be able to move the ball a couple times, but Vikes went up the field from when I started watching on all but 1 drive it seemed like (sans pick 6). Hard to say how bad Farve's arm was hurting him since he made some nice passes, but there were seriously 5-6 passes that were terrible. High school QBs complete those on the daily.

Amazing stat that Jets havent had a TO in 4 games, think they set a record...Maybe more impressive that the Vikings were in the game despite losing TO's 0-3.

Randy looks right in Purple...he shouldnt have ever played elsewhere
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

Ruckus

QuoteI was working during the game last night and didnt turn it on until late in the 3rd...based on what I saw, I cant believe the Vikes didnt have more points on the board. Jets seemed to be able to move the ball a couple times, but Vikes went up the field from when I started watching on all but 1 drive it seemed like (sans pick 6). Hard to say how bad Farve's arm was hurting him since he made some nice passes, but there were seriously 5-6 passes that were terrible. High school QBs complete those on the daily.

Amazing stat that Jets havent had a TO in 4 games, think they set a record...Maybe more impressive that the Vikings were in the game despite losing TO's 0-3.

Randy looks right in Purple...he shouldnt have ever played elsewhere
Jets dominated the first half and most of the game.  They just couldn't punch it in and kept settling for 3.  Otherwise, they were the much better team all night.  Also thanks to Brett for 2 fumbles
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

Tracy 3000

Jets dominated the first half and most of the game.  They just couldn't punch it in and kept settling for 3.  Otherwise, they were the much better team all night.  Also thanks to Brett for 2 fumbles

I wouldn't be suprised if Favre hangs it up if the Vikes keep losing. I'm talking mid season retirement. He ain't gonna finish the season if they start off 2-6, huh?

Jim brings all his love, passion, energy and mystery to the stage and says, "I'm right here."

.Walt

I wouldn't be suprised if Favre hangs it up if the Vikes keep losing. I'm talking mid season retirement. He ain't gonna finish the season if they start off 2-6, huh?

They said the same thing on ESPN yesterday. I would be shocked. This is the guy who built a legacy around INT's, playing every game, and being a warrior. There's no way he'll go down as a quitter. He's too selfish to fuck over his own name.  Fake an injury? Maybe, but he's not going to hang it up mid season.

.Walt

QuoteWalts...Do we have time for an avatar bet?  I'll even give you some points.

It's your call on the picture. But I have some ideas. I'm thinking a picture of Kevin from The Wonder Years in his Jets jacket, or a picture of Joe Namath in a episode of The Brady Bunch. But if you wanna go hot Jets reporter I'm cool with that.

Tracy 3000

They said the same thing on ESPN yesterday. I would be shocked. This is the guy who built a legacy around INT's, playing every game, and being a warrior. There's no way he'll go down as a quitter. He's too selfish to fuck over his own name.  Fake an injury? Maybe, but he's not going to hang it up mid season.

He can't be faithful to his own wife and kids. You think he's going to give 2 shits about his teamates or Walts the Vikings fan?  :-/

Jim brings all his love, passion, energy and mystery to the stage and says, "I'm right here."

.Walt

First, he allegedly pursued the women. He didn't give her the heave-ho. At least not this one. Keep your head in the game, T.

Second, I think anyone who has ever read any of my posts in sports threads knows I'm not a blind homer (like you), and pretty much anything I say involving a Minnesota sports team is objective.

So you don't think cheating on his wife is selfish? Really? Ok. And you don't think he cares about his legacy? You think he'll throw his ironman, warrior, kid in a sandlot tag because he's losing (2-6 record) and he won't finish 8 more games? That's preposterous, your preposterous.

Maybe if he heard Tracy the Saints fan comments he'd change his decision that you already made for him. Then again I don't take your opinion seriously with sports. Rush, yes. Sports, no. I've read your arguments with a handful of people about football over the years, and you were always wrong or looked silly, but that's just me objective again.

The Saints are the greatest team ever. Their franchise should be modeled by all other teams. They are the Michelangelo of the NFL. The best coaches, players, and training staff work for the Saints organization.

Penny Lane

He can't be faithful to his own wife and kids. You think he's going to give 2 shits about his teamates or Walts the Vikings fan?  :-/

First, he allegedly pursued the women. He didn't give her the heave-ho. At least not this one. Keep your head in the game, T.

Second, I think anyone who has ever read any of my posts in sports threads knows I'm not a blind homer (like you), and pretty much anything I say involving a Minnesota sports team is objective.

So you don't think cheating on his wife is selfish? Really? Ok. And you don't think he cares about his legacy? You think he'll throw his ironman, warrior, kid in a sandlot tag because he's losing (2-6 record) and he won't finish 8 more games? That's preposterous, your preposterous.

Maybe if he heard Tracy the Saints fan comments he'd change his decision that you already made for him. Then again I don't take your opinion seriously with sports. Rush, yes. Sports, no. I've read your arguments with a handful of people about football over the years, and you were always wrong or looked silly, but that's just me objective again.

pants on the ground
pants on the ground

(sigh-such a dissappointment)
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Tracy 3000

The Saints are the greatest team ever. Their franchise should be modeled by all other teams. They are the Michelangelo of the NFL. The best coaches, players, and training staff work for the Saints organization.

think I may have hit a nerve.

Walts and Brett: BFF

Tracy 3000

These pictures are sort of like texting pics of your junk to some woman in New York or sexually assaulting a woman at a bar in Georgia or Lake Tahoe.

[size=20]Damn! Do I feel warm and fuzzy ![/size]   :)

.Walt

Brett and Mitch are more than just BFF. I love Brett Favre. He is the greatest QB ever. The MVP award should be changed to the Brett Favre award. He is God the father and the Holy Spirit. He can do no wrong. When he throws an INT that's only so other players can have fun. He's selfless, flawless, and an outstanding citizen.

I'm drinking the soda, I'm living in Homersoda!

.Walt

QuoteThese pictures are sort of like texting pics of your junk to some woman in New York or sexually assaulting a woman at a bar in Georgia.

Yup, you won the superbowl last year. That doesn't upset me. Big deal. It's a little late to being trying that, but of course I never made excuses. The Saints beat the Vikings last year fair and square. That's fine with me. Old news.

Don't you have new members to create?

.Walt

Since we can bring up alleged issues....taking drugs or taking pictures of your D? Which one is worse? Tracy, I know you openly admitted to taking all the drugs under the sun and eating all the cookies in the jar. But please be unbiased...Brett would.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5156829

Taterbug

"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

ManNamedTruth

QuoteThese pictures are sort of like texting pics of your junk to some woman in New York or sexually assaulting a woman at a bar in Georgia or Lake Tahoe.

Yeah I should totally stop rooting for the Steelers and become a Saints fan now. Regardless of how you feel about Ben there are plenty of great guys on that team that deserve those Super Bowl wins. Troy Polamalu is just one example - do some research and watch some interviews if you didn't know.