Circuital Has... Arrived!!!

Started by Tieoptional, May 25, 2011, 03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruckus

I should add that Jim's doodle on the lyric sheet for Black Metal is pretty priceless
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

slappymoe

postman knocked on the door and laid the package on my porch.  i walked around front, thanked him and took it inside.  first thought: "hey, this is wet."

everything is fine except my poster. water damage, slight, won't be noticeable at all in a frame, but still....i know we've had some heavy downpours the past few days, but can't the usps keep stuff dry?

ok, that's off my chest, time for some listenin'

Bigsky

Quote from: slappymoe on May 26, 2011, 03:41 PM
postman knocked on the door and laid the package on my porch.  i walked around front, thanked him and took it inside.  first thought: "hey, this is wet."

everything is fine except my poster. water damage, slight, won't be noticeable at all in a frame, but still....i know we've had some heavy downpours the past few days, but can't the usps keep stuff dry?

I'm sure you'll be adding your own stains to it soon... :thumbsup:

slappymoe

Quote from: Bigsky on May 26, 2011, 03:43 PM

i don't know, i'm not a young man any more, gotta save my ammo for live battle. :o

and speaking of being old, you mean i've got to get up, flip and change these records three times in 45 minutes?     gonna be the death of me.....

Ruckus

Quote from: slappymoe on May 26, 2011, 03:52 PM
Quote from: Bigsky on May 26, 2011, 03:43 PM

i don't know, i'm not a young man any more, gotta save my ammo for live battle. :o

and speaking of being old, you mean i've got to get up, flip and change these records three times in 45 minutes?     gonna be the death of me.....
Hang in there slappy.  I started working out in preparation for listening to the T5 box set.
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

sweatboard

Guess who has a big hot box sitting on his lap!!!  ME!!! HOLY SHIT, HOLY SHIT, HOLY SHIT

I'm kind of nervous about getting into it.  I've waited so long and now it's here sitting on my lap, so hot, smelling so fresh and so pure.  I'm not sure what the right moment is to stick it in- and set the tip of that needle on it for the first time.  I just want to smell it and caress it for a while.  Am I really ready?  Is this really going to happen?  God it feels so good!  Not quite yet though......
There's Still Time.........

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: Dillsnufus on May 26, 2011, 02:38 PM
Any word on the live tracks?

In the e-mail I got informing me my box set had been shipped, it stated that the mp3 DL of the album will be available May 31st. I'm guessing we'll probably get the live tracks then as well. I know it's been an exciting few weeks but I think we all need to calm down a bit.  ;)
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

sweatboard

I don't think I've ever seen our postman before today.  But, today I happened to get off early and as I pull into the driveway he hands it to me.  I don't think a postman has ever been thanked so dearly.  It's getting ready to storm like shit here.....how appropriate.

Dillsnufus

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on May 26, 2011, 05:06 PM
Quote from: Dillsnufus on May 26, 2011, 02:38 PM
Any word on the live tracks?

In the e-mail I got informing me my box set had been shipped, it stated that the mp3 DL of the album will be available May 31st. I'm guessing we'll probably get the live tracks then as well. I know it's been an exciting few weeks but I think we all need to calm down a bit.  ;)

i'm just curious. tho i don't know when I'll get mine cause i ordered after the cut off date. ....I'm so impatient lol maybe i'll buy another cd copy cause i'm impatient lol. nah i'll wait for the vinyl.

update: since i ordered mine tues i'll be getting it the end of next week.  :'( I'm getting it though.   :)
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

sweatboard

timescaper

if someone could rip the dvd that would rock - i couldn't afford the deluxe but dying to see it.  looks like you get it if you order on iTunes.  I wish they would sell just the DVD and I'd buy it.

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: timescaper on May 26, 2011, 05:36 PM
if someone could rip the dvd that would rock - i couldn't afford the deluxe but dying to see it.  looks like you get it if you order on iTunes.  I wish they would sell just the DVD and I'd buy it.

It's only 30 minutes long. That's like buying one episode of a TV show on DVD.
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

Robbman

I tried reading the liner notes, but got a headache. Pretty cool looking, but pretty useless since it's chicken scratch and hard to read...

That's my only complaint. All praise I have has already been said.. no need to repeat.

headhunter

Got my box tonight and now it's one big holiday.
Gotta say, this is one pretty awesome present.
Can't remember many things that I was more excited to buy for myself.
The boys exceeded expectations.

Besides the awesome poster and really nice shirt that comes with box and roll call membership, regardless of the price, this is really something special.

I got lots of records in my collection but nothing that came packaged as sweetly and full of detail as this one starting off the box (wow) and all the way thru the booklet w handwritten lyrics. Everything is way better than we got a right to expect and they didn't skimp on anything here or miss any details.
And then there is the vinyl.  Besides for "holy shit this is cool" color, the sound quality on these two 45 rpm records is better than any of the earlier stuff (imo). I've been listening to the leak for a few weeks (no interest in virginity) and while I thought that was good, this is so much better.  Like the difference between listening to MMJ in the car and seeing them live.

Man, I'm having a good night with this one.  They did a really special job with this record.  I love this band.

Later for the DVD-- No doubt, this will also be special.

was some shakin' and some record playin'

Im The Dude

Quote from: headhunter on May 26, 2011, 09:20 PM
Got my box tonight and now it's one big holiday.
Gotta say, this is one pretty awesome present.
Can't remember many things that I was more excited to buy for myself.
The boys exceeded expectations.

Besides the awesome poster and really nice shirt that comes with box and roll call membership, regardless of the price, this is really something special.

I got lots of records in my collection but nothing that came packaged as sweetly and full of detail as this one starting off the box (wow) and all the way thru the booklet w handwritten lyrics. Everything is way better than we got a right to expect and they didn't skimp on anything here or miss any details.
And then there is the vinyl.  Besides for "holy shit this is cool" color, the sound quality on these two 45 rpm records is better than any of the earlier stuff (imo). I've been listening to the leak for a few weeks (no interest in virginity) and while I thought that was good, this is so much better.  Like the difference between listening to MMJ in the car and seeing them live.

Man, I'm having a good night with this one.  They did a really special job with this record.  I love this band.

Later for the DVD-- No doubt, this will also be special.

As far as the poster are you talking about the Roll Call one? That one is really awesome. But I want to know what is the 20 panel fold out poster they had listed on the order page??
7/9/03 6/8/04 10/4/08 5/2/10 8/27/10 10/18--10/23/10(T5) 8/10/11 8/12/11

tdogjuwan

Jon T.

anyone notice the "dedictate to Thomas Blankenship, Jr"...  ???

Also, I love the liner notes!

Dillsnufus

the poster in my order is labeled "circuital poster" i hope i'm not getting the album cover poster in shop section
Gazziza My Dillsnufus

headhunter

Quote from: Dillsnufus on May 26, 2011, 09:42 PM
the poster in my order is labeled "circuital poster" i hope i'm not getting the album cover poster in shop section

the only "poster" in the box is a 12 x 12  b&w photo that we've seen on the website.  not a big hanging poster that folds out but a classy photo that is easily framed in an "album frame".  the other poster is the roll call one.

headhunter

Quote from: Jon T. on May 26, 2011, 09:39 PM
anyone notice the "dedictate to Thomas Blankenship, Jr"...  ???

Also, I love the liner notes!

Yeah, I think Tom's dad passed away recently.  Tom mentions it in the article in this month's Relix magazine.