Circuital Has... Arrived!!!

Started by Tieoptional, May 25, 2011, 03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon T.

Quote from: headhunter on May 26, 2011, 10:03 PM
Quote from: Jon T. on May 26, 2011, 09:39 PM
anyone notice the "dedictate to Thomas Blankenship, Jr"...  ???

Also, I love the liner notes!

Yeah, I think Tom's dad passed away recently.  Tom mentions it in the article in this month's Relix magazine.

Ahh, sorry to hear but that's a nice tribute.

:dankk2:

YouAre_GivenToFly

BEYOND stoked that the roll call poster is by Clinton Reno (same guy who did Philly 2010 and T5 Tennessee Fire posters).
The wind blew me back, via Chicago, in the middle of the night.

scosby2

the sound of the 45 rpm vinyl absolutely blow the leaked songs out of the water

YouAre_GivenToFly

Just watched "One Big Holiday". I wasn't at that Louisville show, but I made to their Waterfront Park show in 2008. I really, really want to get back there now. What a great piece of film.

JaneCool

Anyone else here not even get an email saying their deluxe package was being shipped? I got a roll call email yesterday saying the welcome packages were just beginning to be shipped out but it sounds like some of you already have yours - ?

Once again, I am...confused.
So, I do believe.....

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: JaneCool on May 26, 2011, 11:50 PM
Anyone else here not even get an email saying their deluxe package was being shipped? I got a roll call email yesterday saying the welcome packages were just beginning to be shipped out but it sounds like some of you already have yours - ?

Once again, I am...confused.

I haven't yet.
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

ManNamedTruth

Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on May 26, 2011, 11:02 PM
BEYOND stoked that the roll call poster is by Clinton Reno (same guy who did Philly 2010 and T5 Tennessee Fire posters).

He also did my Cleveland '06 poster I have framed. I told myself I wouldn't get anymore posters because of the framing cost, and now this. I'll have to go with the cheapest framing option I can find.
http://clintonreno.com/
That's motherfuckin' John Oates!

YouAre_GivenToFly

Quote from: ManNamedTruth on May 26, 2011, 11:58 PM
Quote from: YouAre_GivenToFly on May 26, 2011, 11:02 PM

He also did my Cleveland '06 poster I have framed. I told myself I wouldn't get anymore posters because of the framing cost, and now this. I'll have to go with the cheapest framing option I can find.
http://clintonreno.com/

I'm extraordinarily lucky that I've got a connection. my mom manages a local framing store, so I get everything at cost. I'm officially out of wall space.

jomult

Quote from: Ruckus on May 26, 2011, 02:07 PM
Quote from: DewieCox on May 26, 2011, 02:03 PM
Quote from: Jellyfish on May 26, 2011, 01:56 PM
The Postman just knocked on the door and handed me my Box set.No golden ticket. :(
And the 2x shirt is way small but I expected that.Just glad to have the music and DVD in my hands. :)
What the hell do you do with that bookmark other than the obvious?

I think the bookmark has seed in it. Plant it
It kinda comes with two bookmarks, one of which is obviously not able to be planted.  The other, I was trying to figure out how deep in the soil I should lay it...maybe an inch at most?
Almost like being in love....

Bookshelf

Deluxe box set...

+ 45RPM
+ Fantastic, fantastic album
+ Surprisingly awesome roll call poster & t-shirt
+ Intimate making-of booklet

- lenticular box that was probably better in theory than execution
- lack of 20-panel poster
- green vinyl not as pretty/unique as pictured (picky, I know...but the pic looked lovely)
- lack of live mp3s (which we hope will be rectified)
- no roll call welcome letter from band (don't really care about this, but where it be?)

Happy-making all-in-all, and this album is one of their best, but I've spent less on much cooler stuff when it comes to box sets. This feels like a $50 box set to me, not $80. Kinda wish I had just gotten the record itself.

DejaView2011

Quote from: headhunter on May 26, 2011, 09:20 PM
Got my box tonight and now it's one big holiday.
Gotta say, this is one pretty awesome present.
Can't remember many things that I was more excited to buy for myself.
The boys exceeded expectations.

Besides the awesome poster and really nice shirt that comes with box and roll call membership, regardless of the price, this is really something special.

I got lots of records in my collection but nothing that came packaged as sweetly and full of detail as this one starting off the box (wow) and all the way thru the booklet w handwritten lyrics. Everything is way better than we got a right to expect and they didn't skimp on anything here or miss any details.
And then there is the vinyl.  Besides for "holy shit this is cool" color, the sound quality on these two 45 rpm records is better than any of the earlier stuff (imo). I've been listening to the leak for a few weeks (no interest in virginity) and while I thought that was good, this is so much better.  Like the difference between listening to MMJ in the car and seeing them live._

Man, I'm having a good night with this one.  They did a really special job with this record.  I love this band.

Later for the DVD-- No doubt, this will also be special.
Incredible review!  It ALMOST felt like I had one in my hands..... which I DONT.  Excuse me while I wipe this drool off your shoe.  :-\ :)
Why does my mind blow to bits everytime they play that song?

Jellyfish

Quote from: Bookshelf on May 27, 2011, 02:53 AM
- no roll call welcome letter from band (don't really care about this, but where it be?)

I got an email yesterday saying that would be on it's way soon.
The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

searchinbig

Deluxe box set...

+ 45RPM

- green vinyl not as pretty/unique as pictured (picky, I know...but the pic looked lovely)

Happy-making all-in-all, and this album is one of their best, but I've spent less on much cooler stuff when it comes to box sets. This feels like a $50 box set to me, not $80. Kinda wish I had just gotten the record itself.

I did not see the 20 panel poster either or the welcome letter from roll call.

I guess the 5 song d/l will come later??

Anyone else??
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

Ruckus

Quote from: searchinbig on May 27, 2011, 07:04 AM
Deluxe box set...

+ 45RPM

I did not see the 20 panel poster either or the welcome letter from roll call.

I guess the 5 song d/l will come later??

Anyone else??
In the most recent roll call email, it said that the letter will make it out later, likely next week I think.
I guess the mini lyric sheet is the 20 panel poster
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

toretm

Ow whoa whoa whoa whoa yea yea yea yea ooow... My package is finally out for delivery!! I've been insanely jealous reading all these posts. So pumped it has arrived for the weekend and before Tuesday's show!

Clarkwork

Got my Box Set.  Love everything.  The Handwritten lyrics are a nice touch.  WIll listen to the LP's tonight. 

No golden ticket, but will plant my seeds that came with it and hopefully it will grow one.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

My Monkey Friend

if you get your box set early, but have not LP player, will you be able to listen to this? does the digital download come with it somehow?

Crispy

Quote from: My Monkey Friend on May 27, 2011, 09:21 AM
if you get your box set early, but have not LP player, will you be able to listen to this? does the digital download come with it somehow?

From what I've seen, the digital download becomes available on the street date. Sounds to me like you'd better go get a turntable!
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Clarkwork

Quote from: Crispy on May 27, 2011, 09:26 AM
Quote from: My Monkey Friend on May 27, 2011, 09:21 AM

From what I've seen, the digital download becomes available on the street date. Sounds to me like you'd better go get a turntable!

That is correct, can't down load till the street date.  Someone mentioned the green vinyl, I think it is awesome.  Can't wait to play it.

Also the shirts are running a little small I think. 
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

NoVa_NoLa

:D :D :D :D

Your item was delivered at 7:58 am on May 27, 2011 in NEW ORLEANS, LA 70118.

Detailed Results:
   Delivered, May 27, 2011, 7:58 am, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70118
   Arrival at Post Office, May 27, 2011, 7:57 am, NEW ORLEANS, LA 70118
   Electronic Shipping Info Received, May 26, 2011

Now, I just have to wait for the guys in the mail room to make the rounds...weekend is off to a great start!!