Previous topic - Next topic

Fully

Quote from: LeanneP on Jan 30, 2013, 12:07 AM
That could account for all the "Muchos" and fingering going on  :drum:
:bath:

MrWhippy

Quote from: Penny Lane on Feb 02, 2013, 09:28 AM
great review in new Rolling Stone-- 3 and 1/2 stars

I love David Fricke's description of MMJ in this review:  "A Southern Zeppelin with the futurist nerve of Radiohead."
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

johnnYYac

click below to enlarge for easier reading
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

SaraBananaBear

Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

Tutofqueens

Quote from: SaraBananaBear on Feb 04, 2013, 02:14 AM
Consequence of Sound :thumbsup:
This is a monster! One of the most insightful Jim James Interviews/features I've read in a loooong time.

robb

Quote from: Tutofqueens on Feb 04, 2013, 03:04 AM
This is a monster! One of the most insightful Jim James Interviews/features I've read in a loooong time.

So far I think this is hands down the best write up on Jim and the new album.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

Fully

It is one of the best articles I've read about this album. Very enlightening. I'm probably going to be late to work because I stopped to read it.

robb

Quote from: Fully on Feb 04, 2013, 06:46 AM
It is one of the best articles I've read about this album. Very enlightening. I'm probably going to be late to work because I stopped to read it.

I was in the process of telling you to check this out earlier today but my phone died on me while I was getting it typed out.
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

bluesky

great interview!

"These mantras you have to repeat again and again, and you want them to be positive or have some forward momentum to them." Jim James

(looks like i am running late too)

tdb810

I adore this article.....I was so riveted that my face was nearly touching the screen by the last page.
.....Back at the Model Home

parkervb

Quote from: tdb810 on Feb 04, 2013, 11:02 AM
I adore this article.....I was so riveted that my face was nearly touching the screen by the last page.

just got done reading this over lunch and was coming to forum to make sure it had been shared.  Most complete and detailed interview/preview/review of all the ones i've read.  Well done CoS.
Don't you ever turn it off

smhoffmann02

This just occupied the first 45 minutes of my time at the office this lovely Monday morning.  What a fantastic article and some fine pics of JJ, as well.  :happy:
Give me a butt load of reverb on this one - just pile it on.

SaraBananaBear

SaraBananaBear

I know what you mean! I actually was late for work because of it... :undecided: :thumbsup:

EverythingChanges

Excellent interview!

I am so excited for this CD!
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

johnnYYac

Quote from: SaraBananaBear on Feb 04, 2013, 02:17 PM
The Quietus  :thumbsup:

"Finally, what are the plans for the next My Morning Jacket record?

JJ: We have plans and windows to get together. I have tons of ideas and things churning. We are putting a schedule together and getting the time worked out. So, an album is in the works and it might come out before the end of the year, but it depends where the songs want to go. I start with all these grand ideas but you never know until you start going down the path, whether they will be rejected or embraced."

:shocked:

Of course, RoL&SoG was finished over a year ago (so I'm told), so...
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: johnnYYac on Feb 04, 2013, 03:27 PM
Quote from: SaraBananaBear on Feb 04, 2013, 02:17 PM
The Quietus  :thumbsup:

"Finally, what are the plans for the next My Morning Jacket record?

JJ: We have plans and windows to get together. I have tons of ideas and things churning. We are putting a schedule together and getting the time worked out. So, an album is in the works and it might come out before the end of the year, but it depends where the songs want to go. I start with all these grand ideas but you never know until you start going down the path, whether they will be rejected or embraced."

:shocked:

Of course, RoL&SoG was finished over a year ago (so I'm told), so...

Yeah, reading that was definitely a  :shocked: moment and then a  :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: moment...  :thumbsup:

MarkW

The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side