NCAA Hoops 2008-8009!!!!!!!

Started by primushead, Oct 30, 2008, 10:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tower

Louisville Rock and Roll
www.edgehillave.com

ycartrob

The dook game is a week from now, and dook is playing some DAMN good ball right now.  I'm a little worried.

Not so worried now after watching Clemson blow Duke out of the gym?

capt. scotty

So much for Wake Forest -2 looking like free money

:kicksrock:
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

BH

Down with the Longhorns!  Woo!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

primushead

The dook game is a week from now, and dook is playing some DAMN good ball right now.  I'm a little worried.

I'm a little less anxious now :)

That was a GREAT game to watch...Clemson (the team we beat by 21) absolutely DOMINATED!  WoW!

And then Wake gets smacked by a team we beat by 18...

Things are looking up in the ACC for the Heels...at least for today.

BH

That was a GREAT game to watch...Clemson (the team we beat by 21) absolutely DOMINATED!  WoW!

Did I see that Hansbrough is on track to beat the all time ACC scoring record?  Wow.   That's a Missouri boy for ya!   ;)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

primushead

Speaking of Missouri, how about that game tonight?!?!?!

Buzzer Beater to beat Kansas at the last second!!

I love college basketball.

UNC vs. dook looms...

capt. scotty

UNC will shred them I think

Pitt looked damn good again tonight. Blair in foul trouble and out of the game the last 9 minutes, but they extend their lead and win by 15.
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

ycartrob

QuoteSpeaking of Missouri, how about that game tonight?!?!?!

UNC vs. dook looms...

that Mizzou game was great. Their full court press seems to be a force to be reckoned with.

College b-ball is getting thick, Wednesday should be a good one!

aMillionDreams

QuoteSpeaking of Missouri, how about that game tonight?!?!?!

UNC vs. dook looms...

that Mizzou game was great. Their full court press seems to be a force to be reckoned with.

College b-ball is getting thick, Wednesday should be a good one!

Three games on tomorrow I want to see:

Duke v UNC (of course)
Xavier v Dayton
Syracuse v UConn

Tonight's matchup of Marquette v Nova should be a good one, too.
The Unofficial Official MMJ Guitar Tabs Archive
[url="http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/"]http://mmjtabs.50megs.com/[/url]

tower

I'm hoping my Spartans put the kabash on Michigan's silly season tonight.  UM have had some good wins but all of them outside the Big Ten...Beilein is a good coach but I don't think his style suits the Big Ten, at least that's what his record suggests.  If MSU beats UM today it might be a nail in the coffin of their NCAA tourney hopes...that would break my heart.
Louisville Rock and Roll
www.edgehillave.com

BH

Yeah, me and my buddy were jumping around like giddy school girls last night after we pulled that game out.  The MU KU rivalry is about as big as it gets around here.   That was probably the worst shooting game of the year for Mizzou, yet somehow we still pulled it out.  I'll take it!

Tommorow is definately going to be a good night in BB.  Go Heels, kick them she devils while they are down!

primushead

Okay! Great night of hoops coming up in a couple of hours!  Who's everyone got?

I like Syracuse to upset UConn:  68-63

And of course the annual grudge match at Cameron Indoor.  

Carolina 78
dook 69

capt. scotty

Did I see that Hansbrough is on track to beat the all time ACC scoring record?  Wow.   That's a Missouri boy for ya!   ;)

Hmm...whenever I saw his numbers a week ago when I think he passed some guy and moved into 4th, I thought it looked like Redick had a healthy lead on him.

Although those points can add up quick, so Im not sure. #2 overall is a basic lock though.

ycartrob

QuoteOkay! Great night of hoops coming up in a couple of hours!  Who's everyone got?

I like Syracuse to upset UConn:  68-63

And of course the annual grudge match at Cameron Indoor.  

Carolina 78
dook 69

I think both Dook and NC are due to play some of their best ball tonight. My prediction (and it would be this even if Dook was undefeated and NC was winless):

NC- 83
Dook- 81

I hope it will be:

NC- 107
Dook- 43

primushead

Redick still has a couple hundred on Hansbrough, but I saw somewhere that if he keeps his 20 ppg average going the rest of the season (1 game in the ACC tourney and at least 2 games in the NCAA's) he'll break it.

ycartrob

Hmm...whenever I saw his numbers a week ago when I think he passed some guy and moved into 4th, I thought it looked like Redick had a healthy lead on him.

Although those points can add up quick, so Im not sure. #2 overall is a basic lock though.

from a Tar Heel msg board:

Hansbrough: 2587
Redick: 2769
Points Needed: 183 (182 to tie)
Minimum Games Remaining: 9 (7 regular season, 1 ACC tourney, 1 NCAA tourney)
Average Needed: 20.33

All-Time ACC Career Scoring Leaders
1. 2,769 J.J. Redick, Duke
2T. 2,587 Tyler Hansbrough, UNC
2T. 2,587 Dick Hemric, Wake Forest
4. 2,556 Johnny Dawkins, Duke
5. 2,551 Rodney Monroe, NC State
6. 2,516 Bryant Stith, Virginia
7. 2,460 Christian Laettner, Duke
8. 2,323 Mike Gminski, Duke
9. 2,317 Jeff Lamp, Virginia
10. 2,309 David Thompson, NC State

BH

I'll bet they play at least two games in each of the tournys so that puts it all the way down to 16-17 points per game.  Without injury, almost a lock.

capt. scotty

QuoteRedick still has a couple hundred on Hansbrough, but I saw somewhere that if he keeps his 20 ppg average going the rest of the season (1 game in the ACC tourney and at least 2 games in the NCAA's) he'll break it.

Didnt know they counted NCAA tourney games  :-?

goose

Yo Gregg,

You all going to beat Duke tonight?  I despise Duke.
Hooked on four like one, two, three