College Football 2112

Started by Tracy_3000, Aug 21, 2010, 02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tracy 3000

BTW, can someone please explain to me how Florida didn't fall further in the polls?  I mean, they are still 12th in the coaches poll???  They didn't just lose to Alabama, they were beaten DOWN by Alabama.  They have no business being in the top 15!  

Tim Tebow    :-/

seriously, I was pulling for Florida, but the CBS guys (I refuse to say their names) mentioned Tim Tebow as much as they did any other player on the field.

Personally, I am hoping that Auburn, Iowa, Oregon, and Nebraska all go undefeated so we can move one step closer to a playoff (not leaving out Boise St or TCU, but they don't have a chance getting into a BCS Title game, even if there are 1 loss BCS conference teams, IMO).

I think Oregon will slip up against a Pac-10 team; that usually happens. Or they will have a "down" game on O and lose 47-42.

I agree about Florida but you know how they love the SEC ;)  

I agree with ya Trace about the BCS.  Every year we think this is the year that it's gonna really blow up in their face.  I do think TCU and Boise will go clean.  I wanna say that this is the year that Oregon does it but who knows.  That is the fastest offense I think I've ever seen.  Iowa unfortunately has a loss already and Ohio St. who hasn't looked good in my opinion has to go to Iowa where I like the Hawkeyes.  

damn, Iowa has a loss. I guess I could pull for Michigan.

Can you imagine if the NFL had the same format as the BCS?
Jim brings all his love, passion, energy and mystery to the stage and says, "I'm right here."

mjkoehler

Huskers spankin' dat ass.

Tracy 3000

mike, your Huskers looked a little flat last night....
Jim brings all his love, passion, energy and mystery to the stage and says, "I'm right here."

mjkoehler

Quotemike, your Huskers looked a little flat last night....
Flat like the Himalayas

Ruckus

Penn State is looking like a juggernaut at home today Headdy! ;D
Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head

capt. scotty

QuotePenn State is looking like a juggernaut at home today Headdy! ;D

We fuckin blow.

Our back 7 on D are all white and its not like we got Sehorn or Lynch back there. Its a joke. Worst LB corps since I dont know when, at least before Lavar Arrington.

The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

capt. scotty

Not surprised SC beat Bama, but I am surprised how bad they beat them. Made Bama's OL look terrible
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

The DARK

The rolling ends here, Bama fans.  ;)

In another time, in another place, in another face

Tracy 3000

Great win for the Gamecocks. And a great win for Sparty. I am pretty sure Ole Miss goes in to Tuscaloosa next weekend and pulls off the upset.

I guess Auburn should be #1 now since they're the best team in the best conference.

Let's hope someone in the Big 10 can step up and beat Ohio State. I would hate to see them go to the BCS title game considering how weak the Big 10 is. Let's hope Wisconsin can do the trick next weekend.

I had a trainnig all day yesterday and got home at 6 to see highlights or games. They had horse racing on ESPN and NASCAR on ESPN 2. Saturday at 6 pm, second weekend of October, horse racing and NASCAR.  :-/

capt. scotty

QuoteGreat win for the Gamecocks. And a great win for Sparty. I am pretty sure Ole Miss goes in to Tuscaloosa next weekend and pulls off the upset.

I guess Auburn should be #1 now since they're the best team in the best conference.

Let's hope someone in the Big 10 can step up and beat Ohio State. I would hate to see them go to the BCS title game considering how weak the Big 10 is. Let's hope Wisconsin can do the trick next weekend.

;D

Praising MSU and denouncing the Big 10 all in the same post

sweatboard

"and now you can all suck my rabbit foot"  -les miles
There's Still Time.........

Tracy 3000

QuoteGreat win for the Gamecocks. And a great win for Sparty. I am pretty sure Ole Miss goes in to Tuscaloosa next weekend and pulls off the upset.

;D

I like Michigan State. I mostly like their coach. But, they'd go .500 or below in the SEC every year.

capt. scotty

;D

I like Michigan State. I mostly like their coach. But, they'd go .500 or below in the SEC every year.

Hard to say since they would be getting entirely different recruits if they were located in the south and in teh SEC

Tracy 3000

;D

Hard to say since they would be getting entirely different recruits if they were located in the south and in teh SEC

yep, sort of like saying if we lived in Germany we'd be speaking German.

I am talking about the talent in the Big 10; or, the lack of talent in the Big 10.

capt. scotty

We see about the lack of talent in teh Big 10 come January. Hopefully well be matched up against some SEC teams, and tOSU will be playing in the NC game.

Does ILB have to bring up Big 10 vs SEC bowl game stats again?!

Tracy 3000

QuoteWe see about the lack of talent in teh Big 10 come January. Hopefully well be matched up against some SEC teams, and tOSU will be playing in the NC game.

Does ILB have to bring up Big 10 vs SEC bowl game stats again?!

I would check BCS Title game stats first. Start there and tell me the SEC v Big 10 record.

For the 50th time, most SEC teams consider a bowl game outside the BCS title game as nothing to get  fired up over, whereas the Big 10 teams see it as the "end all be all". Gives your teams and fans a chance to get out of the crappy winters.

And if you think honestly think Ohio State, Michigan State, Iowa, Nortwestern and Wisconsin are in the same caliber as Alabama, Auburn, LSU, South Carolina and Arkansas, you're high. Really, don't be stoopid. Thank you.

capt. scotty

For the 50th time, most SEC teams consider a bowl game outside the BCS title game as nothing to get  fired up over, whereas the Big 10 teams see it as the "end all be all". Gives your teams and fans a chance to get out of the crappy winters.

Keep telling yourself that.

QuoteAnd if you think honestly think Ohio State, Michigan State, Iowa, Nortwestern and Wisconsin are in the same caliber as Alabama, Auburn, LSU, South Carolina and Arkansas, you're high. Really, don't be stoopid. Thank you.

Never said that. But now that you mention it, no, I dont think they are the same caliber. We dont have enough black people up here to be at your level  :P

Tracy 3000

QuoteAnd if you think honestly think Ohio State, Michigan State, Iowa, Nortwestern and Wisconsin are in the same caliber as Alabama, Auburn, LSU, South Carolina and Arkansas, you're high. Really, don't be stoopid. Thank you.

Never said that. But now that you mention it, no, I dont think they are the same caliber. We dont have enough black people up here to be at your level  :P

And you admit the SEC rules.  :)

nothing more to say, really.

capt. scotty

Welcome to the Big 10, Big Red  8-)

Now, which Big Red am I referring too???