NCAA Football 2007-2008

Started by AngryEwok, Aug 26, 2007, 11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The DARK

QuoteHoly SHit!!!  I LOVE S.E.C football, What a game!  I flipped over to the USC game a few times and the diffrence in the crowd noise is hillarious.  Brent Mussberger sucks to.  Thank God I'm A Country Boy!    

;D Pac-10 is most overrated confrence in country. The SEC owns football this year. I don't think anyone can stop LSU (I mean, if the Gamecocks can't beat them, who can? ;))
In another time, in another place, in another face

sweatboard

Well, what's awesome about SEC football is that I know for a fact Florida will give LSU a GREAT game next week.  I predict Florida to win that game by at least 10 points.  

People at Pac-10 games seem like they are just happy to be out of the house in the SEC they seem like they are happy to be at church.  

South Carolina is going to be awesome if they can ever get a really good quarterback.  What is it about Spurrier and getting crappy quarterbacks, HE LOVES THEM!
There's Still Time.........

The DARK

Our defence is beaten up. Badly. Injuries on the line, and now a loss of Jasper Brinkley.

If only we still had Sidney Rice... :'(

sweatboard

yeah, Jasper Brinkley was a HUGE loss, it made me really sad.  I hate to see teams lose players, even when they are rivals of my team.  I'm also actually a big time Spurrier FAN even though I'm a Vol fan, I mean I bleed orange, and I still Love that guy.    

TEO

"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

EAZYE

I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

mjkoehler

Alright BH, since I have a fuck load of bets at work since there are 2 NU grads amongst about 1000+ MO grads, I think it's time for one here. Nothing off the wall like shaved heads or anything like that. I like my job and that might not sit well with the straights there. Besides the pace that it's falling out now I wont need to shave it soon anyway.

Loser buys lunch? Not sure if you still hit the Square or not for visits any longer and not sure if your office is out in St Chuck or in town. We can work something out.

Teo- if you were in town here, same bet would be own. Since you are not, bag of coffee for a bag of tea? Loser buys?

TEO

QuoteAlright BH, since I have a fuck load of bets at work since there are 2 NU grads amongst about 1000+ MO grads, I think it's time for one here. Nothing off the wall like shaved heads or anything like that. I like my job and that might not sit well with the straights there. Besides the pace that it's falling out now I wont need to shave it soon anyway.

Loser buys lunch? Not sure if you still hit the Square or not for visits any longer and not sure if your office is out in St Chuck or in town. We can work something out.

Teo- if you were in town here, same bet would be own. Since you are not, bag of coffee for a bag of tea? Loser buys?

I will send you a custom made JJ silicone wristband if MIZZOU loses.

mjkoehler

aMD

The two best games are on at the same time.  Ohio State vs Purdue and LSU vs Flordia.

I'll definitely be watching OSU-Purdue.  I come from a family of boilermakers but I root for OSU and they're both undefeated (a lot of bragging rights there!)

TEO

I have a feeling that OSU is gonna' ROLL.......

ycartrob

How the hell is Wisconsin, the #5 team in the nation, a 2 point dog to unranked Illinois?

(or, if Wisconsin is a 2 point dog to unranked Illinois, why is Wisconsin ranked #5?)

sweatboard

They have been moving people around in the polls way to much if you ask me.  The way the polls were last week was a joke because everyone knows it won't stick.  Kentucky will lose four more games this year and Oklahoma won't lose anymore yet they had Kentuky ahead of Oklahoma in that last poll......It's silly.

primushead

Sweet, UNC finally won a meaningful game.  Way to go Butch!

primushead

DARK, Clemson is in the process of getting stomped.  Art thou happy?

EAZYE

FUCK TEXAS!  

HEY JOHNNY RAGE HOW BOUT THEM SHORTHORNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT T-SHIRT DID YOU MAKE THIS YEAR

MY YEAR IS COMPLETE ;D
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

The DARK

QuoteDARK, Clemson is in the process of getting stomped.  Art thou happy?

The Dark has been appeased.  ;D

Angry Ewok

Alabama 30
Houston 24

This was one of the worst looking games I've seen in a long, long time. It was so bad that walking across the quad after the game, you would have assumed we lost miserably, not that we won our homecoming game.

First of all... The officials were doing their absolute best to hand the win to Houston. Houston got two sideline warnings, with no yard losses... The play-clock was abused, stopping for Houston even without a first down (or incomplete pass, or run out of bounds). Houston was given a handful of free timeouts, especially during the fourth quarter, without being charged and without the playclock moving. On a number of occasions, the refs intentionally prevented a Houston delay of game by throwing the flag or blowing the whistle, only to nullify the penalty and have a do-over free-of-charge.

There were just tons upon tons of absolutely stupid calls. At one point, the head referee actually accused someone in the crowd of using a whistle... because they ran out of fucking excuses to save Houston from the delay of game. What a fucking joke... (funny sidenote, though... after the ref accused us of using his whistle, the crowd whistled like hell on the next down)

Meanwhile... Alabama was playing almost as awful as they were under Shula. The game came down to the last 5 seconds on the 25 yard line, where Houston needed an endzone catch to win... Absolutely pathetic. The ball isn't being moved, the playcalls could be better derived from a 12 year old on his Playstation.

This is Alabama, we should have had the damn shutout... up against a damned Conference USA team, for fuck sake.

If we're going to win another game, Coach better kick some asses this week... because they aren't playing like winners. The routes are sloppy, the running on the routes is lazy, and these kids are giving up 30 points per game, at this rate.

Damnit!

Roll Tide.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

ycartrob

This was one of the worst looking games I've seen in a long, long time. It was so bad that walking across the quad after the game, you would have assumed we lost miserably, not that we won our homecoming game.

Bama was obviously looking past Houston to next week's game in Oxford...

Angry Ewok

The Florida/LSU game is on, right now... Great matchup, so far!
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.