NCAA Football 2007-2008

Started by AngryEwok, Aug 26, 2007, 11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BH

Here is a up to date Power Rating that uses just the facts.  (NOT HUMAN OPINION)

http://realtimerpi.com/football/ncaaf_Men.html

You can argue with me that MU is not #2, but you can't tell me they don't deserve a BCS game.

Sorry, I still can't get over it.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Angry Ewok

QuoteYou can argue with me that MU is not #2, but you can't tell me they don't deserve a BCS game.

It's nice that you found a poll that says your boys are #2... but in seven polls, I haven't found one that will put them in the Top 5.

BCS says they're 6.
AP says they're 7.
USA Today says they're 7.
ESPNU Allstate says they're 8.
Harris Poll says they're 7.
Master Coaches says they're 7.
The ESPN Power 16 said they're 7.

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

Angry Ewok

Quote...but hopefully with Houston Nutt coming in, he'll be able to restore the magic...

Ole Miss pulled off one of the better hires this year. Nut will do good things for the Rebels, as long as he keeps out of trouble.

With the SEC going through an arms race, it's great to see Ole Miss make a move like this... they'll be relevant again.

BH

BCS says they're 6.
AP says they're 7.

Exactly, all polls that take into account the jersey on the players back instead of cold hard facts.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

aMD

BCS says they're 6.
AP says they're 7.

Exactly, all polls that take into account the jersey on the players back instead of cold hard facts.

None of those polls can explain to me how Kansas is ranked higher than Mizzou.  Someone want to take a shot at explaining that?

mjkoehler

BCS says they're 6.
AP says they're 7.

As much as I despise the Tigers, I have to agree with you. They are getting royally f'n hosed.

Angry Ewok

I thought the Zoo at least deserved a BCS entry. Certainly over Kansas(?).

Does anyone have a link to specific coaches' Top 10 picks? I'd like to see who Richt, Spurrier, and Les Miles voted on. I know Coach Pat Dye totally slammed Ohio State on the radio, the other day... I think he put LSU at #1 and Oklahoma at #2 or #3.

Bam_Bam

[url="//www.myspace.com/wearemurals"]www.myspace.com/wearemurals[/url]

EAZYE

QuoteHere is a up to date Power Rating that uses just the facts.  (NOT HUMAN OPINION)

You can argue with me that MU is not #2, but you can't tell me they don't deserve a BCS game.

that poll is kind of horse shit Hermo, we handed you those two losses and yet we're seven spots behind you ;)
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

EAZYE

QuoteYou can argue with me that MU is not #2, but you can't tell me they don't deserve a BCS game.

It's nice that you found a poll that says your boys are #2... but in seven polls, I haven't found one that will put them in the Top 5.

BCS says they're 6.
AP says they're 7.

and where is the predicted 8-4 Alabama team at Ewok.  Sorry just got stick up for my conference even though we aren't the SEC ;)
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

BH

QuoteHere is a up to date Power Rating that uses just the facts.  (NOT HUMAN OPINION)

that poll is kind of horse shit Hermo, we handed you those two losses and yet we're seven spots behind you ;)

That's the thing though, you can't say, we beat this team or that team beat this team because you will end up going in circles.   All you can do is look at the entire body of work.  

On our worst day, we lost to Oklahoma, on your worst day, you lost to Colorado.   OU obviously didn't have their "A" game that day.  And maybe, just maybe, MU didn't have their "A" game for the Big 12 championship.  No one can say for sure.  All you can do, in this system, is look at the entire body of work and compare the results.

Angry Ewok

Quote...and where is the predicted 8-4 Alabama team at Ewok...

Exactly where they belong. Can't say the same about some other schools.

TEO

Actually enjoyed watching some of the division II games yesterday since nothing else much was on.
"You are only as young as the last time you changed your mind" T. Leary

Angry Ewok

Tim Tebow. This guy is amazing, totally deserving of the Heisman. It's a shame McFadden had to come in second two years in a row (only man to ever do that), but Tebow is good enough to win two more of these.

ycartrob

another thing wrong with college football besides the lack of a playoff? 11 days after the final game of the season, and still no champion.

In fact, we have to wait 4 more weeks.

I'm not even sure I'll care anymore by then   :-/

primushead

Not that anyone cares too much, but my alma mater (Appalachian State) will be playing for it's 3RD CONSECUTIVE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP this Friday in the FCS series.  

How 'bout tuning in to show my Mountaineers some love on Friday night?

The DARK

QuoteNot that anyone cares too much, but my alma mater (Appalachian State) will be playing for it's 3RD CONSECUTIVE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP this Friday in the FCS series.  

[smiley=thumbsup.gif] Go Mountaineers!
In another time, in another place, in another face

BH

QuoteNot that anyone cares too much, but my alma mater (Appalachian State) will be playing for it's 3RD CONSECUTIVE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP this Friday in the FCS series.  

Done.

primushead

BACK TO BACK TO BACK CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

I'm heading up to Boone tonight to party with the old crew...it should be a great time.

I know it's 'only' FCS, but...3 straight national titles?  What teams ever do that?  I think we're like the 5th team ever to do that from what I heard (in any sport).  I think Army did it in the 40's, Minnesota sometime around there, the Bulls with MJ, and UCLA in the Wooden era.

Seriously.  It's a great time to be a Mountaineer 8-)