NCAA Football 2007-2008

Started by AngryEwok, Aug 26, 2007, 11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The DARK

QuoteBACK TO BACK TO BACK CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

I'm heading up to Boone tonight to party with the old crew...it should be a great time.

I know it's 'only' FCS, but...3 straight national titles?  What teams ever do that?  I think we're like the 5th team ever to do that from what I heard (in any sport).  I think Army did it in the 40's, Minnesota sometime around there, the Bulls with MJ, and UCLA in the Wooden era.

Seriously.  It's a great time to be a Mountaineer 8-)

Err...Boston Celtics?  :-/

But great job App State!  :D
In another time, in another place, in another face

The DARK

Quote'tis one of my favorite times of the year, with the promise of cooler weather and all...

I have a couple of predictions for the season:

The suprise team will be Kansas and I can't say for sure, but they will probably be undefeated going into November. (yes, Kansas!) Mizzou will also be strong and will probably have 1 loss going into November. (my crystal ball is a little fuzzy, it only goes to the first week of November). Cal will not be as strong as people think, and will lose 3 or 4. Ohio St will have their usual bogus #1 ranking until they meet Illini. Oregon will have 1 loss (probably to Cal) and LSU will have 1 loss, that coming at the hands of Kentucky! (yes, Kentucky, probably in OT). Couple of other suprise teams early, but will fade: University South Florida, Boston College, South Carolina, Kentucky, Arizona St.

That's what I am seeing right now...

And I needed to call this out before anyone calls him a prophet.  ;)
In another time, in another place, in another face

ycartrob

QuoteBACK TO BACK TO BACK CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

I'm heading up to Boone tonight to party with the old crew...it should be a great time.

I know it's 'only' FCS, but...3 straight national titles?  What teams ever do that?  I think we're like the 5th team ever to do that from what I heard (in any sport).  I think Army did it in the 40's, Minnesota sometime around there, the Bulls with MJ, and UCLA in the Wooden era.

Seriously.  It's a great time to be a Mountaineer 8-)

Congatulations on a very memorable year!

aMD

I just wanted to remind everyone that [size=18]THE Ohio State Buckeyes are #1[/size]

BH

Wow, the most overated team in the Big 12 just handed it to the second best Pac 10 team to kick off the big conference bowls.  (My apologies to the Big 10 for not counting the "DETROIT" bowl.  ;) )

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Angry Ewok

52-34 sounds pretty convincing to me.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

BH

Quote52-34 sounds pretty convincing to me.

That's what I'm sayin'!
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Angry Ewok

And really, the score should have been 52-27... if not 59-27... but good ol' Mack Brown's son-in-law decided to field a ball from the sideline and give ASU a free touchdown.

;D

BH

QuoteAnd really, the score should have been 52-27... if not 59-27... but good ol' Mack Brown's son-in-law decided to field a ball from the sideline and give ASU a free touchdown.

;D

That was hilarious.  I thought that kind of thing only happened in Alabama. ;)

Who does everyone like in the three afternoon games?  We'll get our first taste of the ACC.  And the Mountain West looking to go to 4-0.   If the MWC goes 5-0 with two wins against the Pac 10, I think that says a lot about something, I'm not sure what, but something.

primushead

Closer than I thought it would be for the BC/MSU game.

Angry Ewok

QuoteMy picks in bold/italic...

Alabama v. Colorado
Mississippi State v. UCF
Texas A&M v. Penn. State
Kentucky v. Florida State
Auburn v. Clemson
Tennessee v. Wisconsin
Missouri v. Arkansas
Florida v. Michigan
USC v. Illinois
Georgia v. Hawaai
Oklahoma v. West Virginia
Virginia Tech v. Kansas
LSU v. THE!!111one Ohio State

Man, I musta been smoking crack to pick Texas A&M over Penn State.

bearass

no miami in bowl games makes me angry then sad

Bam_Bam

Big Ten's not doing so bad eh? 2-1 and MSU played their asses off against BC...who would've expected them to make it close? come on IU!

[url="//www.myspace.com/wearemurals"]www.myspace.com/wearemurals[/url]

TheBigChicken

Quoteno miami in bowl games makes me angry then sad
it should make you happy they aren't in a bowl this year because quite frankly they suck ;D
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

bearass

yea they do at least kyle wright is gonna be gone it seems like hes been there for 10 years

mjkoehler

Watching Mizzou kick the crap out of Arkansas....If they can keep this squad and keep the momentum built up from this season, f'n A the North is gonna be tough.

bearass

the mizzou kansas game was one of the best games ive seen in a while too bad ou had our number

ycartrob

I didn't realize that Michigan's Mike Hart was such a punk. You'd think after fumbling twice inside the 2 yard line he'd eventually stop smiling and quit talking.

corey

Looks like Michigan is taking Florida out. There's only 1:48 left and they are up by 6 and just got the ball back.

Angry Ewok

Meyer made a stupid call on fourth down, in Michigan's red zone... had he opted to punt, the ball probably would have landed at the 10 or so... plenty of time to make a defensive stop, plus good position on the punt return. Stupid, stupid call, and it cost Florida the game.