NCAA Football 2007-2008

Started by AngryEwok, Aug 26, 2007, 11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ycartrob

QuoteDoes Arkansas have a chance at beating LSU at LSU in two weeks?

No, but never say never, right? Even in a year of ridiculous outcomes, I just don't see it happening under any circumstances at all. LSU outclasses Arkansas in every single category, and even when they try their damnedest to throw a game - they just can't help but win. Not only that, but they'll beat you twice.

Darren McFadden will be lucky to leave Louisiana in stable condition - I'm saying he'll get no more than 100 yards rushing on LSU, and he'll likely get injured in the process. That poor guy has had a bullseye on his number the entire season, because the hogs don't have a passing game to threaten with a spread and every defense in the SEC knows it.

McFadden will run the ball for the majority, and he'll probably take a few snaps once Nut gets desperate to open the field against the run block. The rest of the hogs offensive will be spent giving LSU interceptions.

Another prediction... Watch for Darren McFadden to get sacked into next week. While he has an amazing stiff arm when he's taking the ball upfield - when he takes a snap as a QB, he always seems to step into a classic quarterback stance and state of mind. He dives and slides like a quarterback if he feels pressure. I've seen it numerous times, a couple of times in person. It will blow your mind.

I'm never too hot at picking scores, but I could see LSU putting up 40-ish... and Arkansas left in the teens.

QuoteWill Georgia be the team playing LSU in the championship?  Do they have a chance to beat them on a nuetral field?

I don't know if they will be, but they should be. The only reason they aren't the sure bet is because the Vols spanked them hard... if there is a tie between the two, UT will obviously win the verses and represent the East. It'll be a travesty, but this is the year of travesties.  

If Tennessee goes to Atlanta for the Championship... they'll be smoked.

I'm with rccola on this one. As far as your predictions go ewok, a lot of times you're waaaaaayyy off base. I'd say this was your best post of miscaculation. First off saying LSU outclasses Arkansas in every single category, we have forgiven you for that one. Saying McFadden leaves the game injured and not getting 100 yards, well, he rushed for 206! Saying the Hogs will be giving LSU interceptions, they threw none. And Arkansas left in the teens? Try 50's!

Plus the Tennesse prediction that they will "get smoked" in Atlanta, when they lost to "mighty" LSU by 7.

If you throw out predictions every week, of course some will stick, but, when they don't, you look silly. I'd retire the old crystal ball  ;)

BH

All I know is that Mizzou finished 2-0 against the SEC this year. ;D ;)

Seriously though, this season has been the most fun I have ever had with college football.  I will never forget what a fun year it was.  However, I can't help but be a little dissapointed that we will never know, how we would have played against a top ten team.    We will probably finish the year ranked around #5 and we played a bowl game against a team that will end up not even in the top 25.  Something is just wrong with that.

And yes, I understand we had our chance with OU, and we blew it.  I accept that.   But find out tommorow night after KU gets smoked by Virginia Tech if the Orange Bowl made the right decision.

(Temple minus McFadden equals 176 yards and 3 touchdowns.)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

primushead

It truly has been a fun season.  And it's been a pleasure talking about it on the forum with all of you football nuts that stick around here.  

...Let's not forget about the basketball forum now ;)

Angry Ewok

I get a few wrong, I get a few right... so what?

I picked Alabama to go 8-4, and I specifically stated who they couldn't beat. They went 6-6, surprise losses to Mississippi State and LA Monroe. That's still 10 out of 12.

My bowl picks, so far, are 8 out of 10... and before the kickoff, I admitted I was smoking crack to have picked Texas A&M to beat Penn. State.

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

mjkoehler

QuoteAll I know is that Mizzou finished 2-0 against the SEC this year. ;D ;)

Seriously though, this season has been the most fun I have ever had with college football.  I will never forget what a fun year it was.  However, I can't help but be a little dissapointed that we will never know, how we would have played against a top ten team.    We will probably finish the year ranked around #5 and we played a bowl game against a team that will end up not even in the top 25.  Something is just wrong with that.

And yes, I understand we had our chance with OU, and we blew it.  I accept that.   But find out tommorow night after KU gets smoked by Virginia Tech if the Orange Bowl made the right decision.

(Temple minus McFadden equals 176 yards and 3 touchdowns.)

And don't forget, they beat the piss out of NU.  :'( :'(

Here's to hoping next year is a much more competative game. It better be as it's in Lincoln, and there will be a riot if they lose to Mizzou at home.

BH

QuoteIt better be as it's in Lincoln, and there will be a riot if they lose to Mizzou at home.

Better get the torches out! ;)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Jellyfish

The fact that my hearts beating
is all the proof you need

ycartrob

Reason #322 I don't bet on college football:

West Virgina- 48
Oklahoma- 28

Angry Ewok

QuoteWest Virgina- 48
Oklahoma- 28

And the remarkable thing about WVU winning last night is the way they pulled it off.  There was no "sneak win" here, unlike the OU v. Boise State game... The Mountaineers just dominated the Sooners. What was the rushing yardage, last night? 300 to 100? Totally sick, considering the size OU on it's lines.

I was appalled by some of the calls from Stoops - the onside kick, the random trick play at the goal line. I would have never guessed that this game would be the one where an interim coach gets a win.

primushead

Wow.  I honestly didn't think Kansas would be ahead of VT right now.

The DARK

QuoteWow.  I honestly didn't think Kansas would be ahead of VT right now.

I did. ACC is the worst of the major confrences.
In another time, in another place, in another face

primushead

The ACC IS THE WORST?!?!?

Come ON Dark!!!! What about the Pac-1...

I mean the Big 10...wait, Big 12...

WAIT!  The MAC...

Shit.  Yep.    You're right :-[

The DARK

In football, I mean. Not questioning your B-ball dominance ;)

And I love the quote under your avatar!  ;D

primushead

Hah, I know you weren't talking about B-ball.  It really is down in football this year for sure though, and the 17-0 lead that Kansas has right now really shows it.

And yeah, I had to change the avatar quote.  I'm so psyched for going into Littlejohn this weekend (I've got tickets!!!!!) and hopefully getting a nice conference win.  

The DARK

Of course. Don't blow it. Please.  :)

TheBigChicken

QuoteReason #322 I don't bet on college football:

West Virgina- 48
Oklahoma- 28

or the NFL either (for me)
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Angry Ewok

I extend my apologies to Kansas. I've been saying VT is over-rated all season, but I really expected them to work Kansas... I just can't believe I'm saying Kansas deserved it's BCS entry. In football.

BH

That was a shocker to me as well, obviously.   I didn't get to see the game (I was at the Bobby Bare Jr. show :o) but wow, I never expected OU to lose and I certainly never expected KU to win.  Strange, strange season.

aMD

Who's ready to eat their words?!  Come on SEC fans, let's hear one more time how every team in your conference could beat any team in any other conference.  Or how OSU doesn't deserve to be in this game.  Give me some more fodder to say I told you so tomorrow night.  I am excited to see OSU get their revenge on the SEC and finally shut some of you up a little bit.

Let's Go BUCKEYES!!!

***DISCLAIMER: I did not attend the Ohio State University so I obviously have no emotional investment in this game.  These are my ideas and conjectures based on outside observations.  I just hope the best team wins!***  ;)