NCAA Football 2007-2008

Started by AngryEwok, Aug 26, 2007, 11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angry Ewok

I hate to say it any other time of the year, but Geaux Tigers - Beat Bleauxhio.
--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

BH

LSU is going with a two QB approach?!?!?!  Does that ever work?  

I really am still amazed that these are the two teams playing in the championship game.  However, I am looking forward to it for sure.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ycartrob

tonight's the big night and I honestly have to say that the BCS Championship game, played over a month after the final regular season game, isn't half as interesting to me now. NCAA basketball is going strong (anyone see Clemson vs NC last night?) and the NFL Playoffs (playoffs? Who ever heard of a playoff system to crown a champion?) are kicking into gear.

I am just a little less interested in tonight's game than last years...and will probably be even less interested next year if this silly format continues.

But, Geaux Tigers! Laissez les bons temps rouler!

EAZYE

Okay I'm over our disgusting performance once again in the Fiesta Bowl.  Anyone who wants to send a couple of shots my way about OU or Stoops not performing in big bowl games lets bring it on :-/    We deserve it.  Crazy year in college football though, glad it wasn't just our program.

That being said, I'm going to have to go with Ewok and Tracy on this one and say Go Tigers.  Not that big of a fan of rooting for Les Miles, but I just can't stand Big 10 football.  Congrats to BH and Ewok and everyone else who's alma matter or favorite teams won their bowl games.  Now we just have to wait seven more months for it to return :(
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

mjkoehler

QuoteOkay I'm over our disgusting performance once again in the Fiesta Bowl.  Anyone who wants to send a couple of shots my way about OU or Stoops not performing in big bowl games lets bring it on :-/    We deserve it.  Crazy year in college football though, glad it wasn't just our program.
At least your team went to a bowl game and had a respectable season  ::) Next Season, watch out!!!

ycartrob

some real class commments (or is it jealousy?) on the SEC, from the Big 10 commissioner Jim Delany. This isn't some trash talking homer fan, this is the "voice" for Big 10 football. I smell sour grapes.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=Annykg_oB7kWk48e0LtAWYEcvrYF?slug=dw-bigtensec010608&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

And here's the actual letter

http://bigten.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/020907aaa.html

And the irony of this letter? According to Scout.com, Florida's graduation rate for football players in 2006 was 80% and Ohio State's was 55%... (Div-1 avg. is 67%).

primushead

Blah game so far.  Not bad in the 1st quarter, but it's all LSU's game in the 2nd one.  

I do have a serious inquiry, though.  Has anyone heard anything about the Pontiac Game changing performance?  I thought they were supposed to announce the winner during the game (which is hopefully Appalachian State) but I haven't seen any indication to do that yet.  Hm...

EAZYE

QuoteOkay I'm over our disgusting performance once again in the Fiesta Bowl.  Anyone who wants to send a couple of shots my way about OU or Stoops not performing in big bowl games lets bring it on :-/    We deserve it.  Crazy year in college football though, glad it wasn't just our program.
At least your team went to a bowl game and had a respectable season  ::) Next Season, watch out!!!

I feel your pain mj, we had our down time in the 90's, when you were dominant.  Hope you guys turn it around soon, miss those good OU vs NU games ;)
I painted my name on the back of a leaf
and I watched it float away

BH

Do they teach tackling in the SEC and Big 10? ;)
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

ycartrob

Here's a shocker: Ohio State didn't deserve to be in the BCS Championship game. Losing to maybe the best SEC team (some said Georgia). What a joke we had to put up with that a second year in a row.

Ohio State beat no one during the year, and when they played someone tonight, they got their heads handed to them. If they're in the SEC, they maybe go 7-5. They had 364 days to live with what Florida gave them last year, and this was their answer? That's 0-9 against the SEC in bowl games. 0-9!  ;D

And what's up with the OSU band? They look like The Salvation Army Band!

We got to get a playoff to get all the Big 10 riff raff out of the way.

ycartrob

Final conference bowl records:
Atlantic Coast (8) 2-6
Big 12 (8) 5-3
Big East (5) 3-2
Big Ten (8) 3-5
Conference USA (6) 2-4
Independents (FBS) (1) 0-1
Mid-American (3) 0-3
Mountain West (5) 4-1
Pacific-10 (6) 4-2
Southeastern (9) 7-2
Sun Belt (1) 1-0
Western Athletic (4) 1-3

Angry Ewok

QuoteWhat a joke we had to put up with that a second year in a row.

Oh come on, Tracy... don't act like you haven't enjoyed it.

I knew it would be bad, but for LSU to put up 31 unanswered points... Jesus. This just goes to show that (THE?!) Ohio State, while belonging in a BCS game, certainly didn't belong in the title game. It would have made more sense to see them against Hawaai.

I guess this means we won't need anymore size-42 font updates about how (THE!!#1111!) Ohio State Oh-And-Niners are l33t and the SEC is over-rated.

BH

Let's just all remember, as the basketball season unfolds, how shitty the ACC is in football. ;D

Angry Ewok

ycartrob

yeah, that was one of my favorite points of the game. My wife was casually watching, working on her laptop, and she looked up when Highsmith leveled Boeckman and said, "Holy Shit".

classic

aMD

QuoteWhat a joke we had to put up with that a second year in a row.

Oh come on, Tracy... don't act like you haven't enjoyed it.

I knew it would be bad, but for LSU to put up 31 unanswered points... Jesus. This just goes to show that (THE?!) Ohio State, while belonging in a BCS game, certainly didn't belong in the title game. It would have made more sense to see them against Hawaai.

I guess this means we won't need anymore size-42 font updates about how (THE!!#1111!) Ohio State Oh-And-Niners are l33t and the SEC is over-rated.

[size=48]I just remind to remind Angry Ewok that THE Ohio State Buckeyes are #2 and the Alabama Crimson Tide are unranked.[/size]

I'm disappointed with the loss last night but I'm not disappointed with our season.  We beat Michigan, got to a national championship game, and  finished second overall in the nation.  I'd be a lot more disappointed if I rooted for the Crimson Tide (or Ole Miss for that matter).

ycartrob

Final AP Poll

1. LSU (60) (12-2)                      
2. GEORGIA (3) (11-2)                  
3. USC (1) (11-2)                    
4. MISSOURI (12-2)                      
5. OHIO ST (11-2)                      
6. WEST VIRGINIA (11-2)                
7. KANSAS (1) (12-1)                  
8. OKLAHOMA (11-3)                      
9. VIRGINIA TECH (11-3)                
10. (tie) BOSTON COLLEGE (11-3)            
10. (tie) TEXAS (10-3)                    
12. TENNESSEE (10-4)                      
13. FLORIDA (9-4)                          
14. BYU (11-2)                            
15. AUBURN (9-4)                          
16. ARIZONA ST (10-3)                      
17. CINCINNATI (10-3)                      
18. MICHIGAN (9-4)                        
19. HAWAII (12-1)                          
20. ILLINOIS (9-4)                        
21. CLEMSON (9-4)                          
22. TEXAS TECH (9-4)                      
23. OREGON (9-4)                          
24. WISCONSIN (9-4)                        
25. OREGON ST (9-4)                        

So, if there's a plus 1 game, would it be LSU v Georgia? I'd rather see LSU v USC.

Angry Ewok

Quote[size=48]I just remind to remind Angry Ewok that THE Ohio State Buckeyes are #2 and the Alabama Crimson Tide are unranked.[/size]

Actually, Ohio State is #5... Georgia Bulldogs (SEC) are #2.

;D

Ohio State should be #6 behind West Virginia, in my opinion.

Anyway, it's sad that you have to compare your l33t team to Alabama, a legitimate "rebuilding team," in order to consider the season a success. In fact, it's pathetic on your part because I couldn't help but notice Alabama looked better against LSU than Ohio State did - *gigglez*

Anyway, while Ohio State is raking in it's #1 Defense stats by facing the awesomely competitive powerhouses of Youngstown State, Akron, Northwestern, Minnesota, Kent State, and Michigan State... Alabama looked good against #1 LSU, took #2 Georgia into overtime, totally humiliated #12 Tennessee, beat then #16 Arkansas, and lost to a Top 25 Mississippi State, and #14 Auburn.

Ohio State would probably go 7-5 in the SEC.

Jon T.

Don't forget LA-Monroe...

Angry Ewok

QuoteDon't forget LA-Monroe...

So true. And nearly Houston.

And Ohio State got beat by Illinois.
And LSU got beat by Arkansas.
And Auburn got beat by South Florida.
And Michigan got beat by App. State.
And USC got beat by Stanford.
And Georgia got beat by South Carolina.