NCAA Football 2007-2008

Started by AngryEwok, Aug 26, 2007, 11:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ycartrob

QuoteMeyer made a stupid call on fourth down, in Michigan's red zone... had he opted to punt, the ball probably would have landed at the 10 or so... plenty of time to make a defensive stop, plus good position on the punt return. Stupid, stupid call, and it cost Florida the game.

That's what I don't like about these meaningless bowl games. Like Tubberville last night going for it on 4th and 1 in OT, down by 3. If that game means something, he kicks a FG. If Florida is playing Georgia in that situation today, with 3 TO's, Meyer punts.

In all actuality, Michigan should have scored 50+ today but for all the turnovers. Plus, they have a great record vs SEC teams, something like 70% wins.

ycartrob

OK, breaking my SEC allegiance and pulling for the little guy Hawaii tonight in the Sugar Bowl...

BH

QuoteWatching Mizzou kick the crap out of Arkansas....If they can keep this squad and keep the momentum built up from this season, f'n A the North is gonna be tough.

[size=72]WOOT![/size]

If only it wasn't for those damn Sooners!!!!!!!!!!

The four bloody marrys are startin' to wear off.  Uhgg.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

Bam_Bam

QuoteI didn't realize that Michigan's Mike Hart was such a punk. You'd think after fumbling twice inside the 2 yard line he'd eventually stop smiling and quit talking.

God i'm glad someone else saw that. As good as he has been for the past four years, i'm not shedding any tears now that he is gone. I couldn't believe he was grinning when he made two TERRIBLE fumbles on the 1 yard line. That second one was a travesty.

Now Tracy, what do you have to say about the SEC dominance over the big ten? I'm happy that it was Michigan, a team who's gotten slimed by the media and other fans all season, that shut up Tebow and the Gators. Tebow was pretty quiet today. Glad that Lloyd is gone on a good note. Things are looking bright for the Blue.

[url="//www.myspace.com/wearemurals"]www.myspace.com/wearemurals[/url]

ycartrob

QuoteI didn't realize that Michigan's Mike Hart was such a punk. You'd think after fumbling twice inside the 2 yard line he'd eventually stop smiling and quit talking.

God i'm glad someone else saw that. As good as he has been for the past four years, i'm not shedding any tears now that he is gone. I couldn't believe he was grinning when he made two TERRIBLE fumbles on the 1 yard line. That second one was a travesty.

Now Tracy, what do you have to say about the SEC dominance over the big ten? I'm happy that it was Michigan, a team who's gotten slimed by the media and other fans all season, that shut up Tebow and the Gators. Tebow was pretty quiet today. Glad that Lloyd is gone on a good note. Things are looking bright for the Blue.

The SEC is the best overall conference in the nation, top to bottom. That's a no brainer, IMO. And it's a down year for us.

I still think USC and Oklahoma should be playing in the BCS title game.

Bam_Bam

I'd agree...but their not MILES ahead of everyone else. and the Big Ten isn't MILES behind everyone else. Wisky held it close with the number 2 team in the SEC and Mich St. held it close with the number 2 team in the ACC. and Michigan BEATS one of the most talked up teams in the country. I'm not saying that the SEC isn't a better overall conference than the Big 10 but it's not as invincible as everyone makes it out to be.

ycartrob

QuoteI'd agree...but their not MILES ahead of everyone else. and the Big Ten isn't MILES behind everyone else. Wisky held it close with the number 2 team in the SEC and Mich St. held it close with the number 2 team in the ACC. and Michigan BEATS one of the most talked up teams in the country. I'm not saying that the SEC isn't a better overall conference than the Big 10 but it's not as invincible as everyone makes it out to be.

well didn't Applachian State prove that anyone can beat anyone on any given Saturday? Parity is coming to NCAA football b/c of a variety of reasons; more reason to have a playoff.

Bam_Bam

Yes anyone can beat anyone on any given saturday but still...all this talk about the SEC being so far ahead of everybody and none of their wins have been that convincing. Michigan should've blown Florida out of the water and if wasn't for two uncharacteristic fumbles by hart they would have.

ycartrob

QuoteYes anyone can beat anyone on any given saturday but still...all this talk about the SEC being so far ahead of everybody and none of their wins have been that convincing. Michigan should've blown Florida out of the water and if wasn't for two uncharacteristic fumbles by hart they would have.

I think a lot of that talk about the SEC being far superior is trash talk (I think USC has the best team in the nation and LSU is overrated). Michigan is not a team that's capable of "blowing Florida out of the water" on a consistent basis. They played better than Florida today, but losing to App. St and actually being "blown out of the water" by Oregon (both home games) are better indicators of this Michigan team than the game today against Florida. This was probably the biggest game of the year for Michigan, whereas Florida's big games were against LSU and Georgia ie, Michigan wanted this game more than Florida.

Angry Ewok

The game I was most looking forward to was even better than expected...

Georgia 41
Hawaai 10

As predicted, the Bulldogs exposed this WAC clown for the season opener that it is. It should say something that the crowd was chanting "OVER-RATED" by the first half of the game. It should say something, too, that the Heisman third-runner-up gets his cock sucked all night long by the commentators of the game, despite getting sacked eight(?) times, picked off three or four times, multiple fumbles, etc., and the only touchdown of the game for "the highest scoring team in College Football History" was a little bit of fourth quarter charity for the backup QB.

Georgia could have put up 60+ points, and could have denied any points beyond the initial field goal if they hadn't fielded backups and walk-ons, instead.

Eventually, the game just got boring... the commentators were crammed so far up Hawaai's ass that they couldn't even once acknowledge just how superior this SEC team is.

--- and that's 2 real 4 u.

tomEisenbraun

HOW BOUT THEM DAWGS?!!!!
The river is moving. The blackbird must be flying.

TheBigChicken

It's kinda funny because I wasn't sure what Dawgs were going to show up...If I remember correctly a few years ago a few "Dawgs" had their Sugar Bowl rings on none other than E-bay :-/ If that tells you how much THAT bowl means to them..Hell , I think had they played a more "quality" opponent it might have been a different outcome.. I think Mizz would have given GA fits as well as OK or Kansas....Just face it Hawaii really isn't that good.....I'll be looking for my ring on E-bay....Hell Tom why don't you just walk on down to the athletic dorm and pick us up a couple...I think it's still over by Stegman.
the fruit bats love makin' made all the kids cry

Angry Ewok

Dunno what the eBay business is all about, but I think you're nuts if you honestly think Kansas could compete with the Georgia Bulldogs. Oklahoma, maybe. Missouri, probably. But I've said it for a while, now, I think Georgia is #1 in the Nation at the moment.

It should have been USC v. Georgia, and Georgia probably would have ended up running the score up on the Trojans.

primushead

Really Brad?  I don't think Georgia would've run up the score.  I think a Trojan/Dawg matchup would've been the epic bowl game of the season...with high scoring on BOTH ends.  USC was looking very, very nasty yesterday.  It's not to say that Georgia wouldn't win, but I think both teams are on the same tier.

It certainly would be a better matchup than the BCS Championship game this year.  You know, when Ohio State gets reamed by an SEC team again.

Angry Ewok

It would be a huge game, for sure... I just don't know that any team could score much on Georgia, right now. Not being an SEC elitist, here...

TheBigChicken

QuoteDunno what the eBay business is all about, but I think you're nuts if you honestly think Kansas could compete with the Georgia Bulldogs. Oklahoma, maybe. Missouri, probably. But I've said it for a while, now, I think Georgia is #1 in the Nation at the moment.

It should have been USC v. Georgia, and Georgia probably would have ended up running the score up on the Trojans.
Look at who the Dawgs lost to this year....oh and didn't YOU say Bama was going to beat them and Florida was going to kill them....Dude, will you please make up your mind or has that Saban kool-aid shot it out :-/ oh and now GA is the best in the nation ...jeesh :-/

Angry Ewok

QuoteLook at who the Dawgs lost to this year....

They lost to Steve Spurrier when South Carolina was relevant, Week 2, and to the SEC East Division Champs... what's your point? Name me one team that hasn't lost a couple of games this year.

Quoteoh and didn't YOU say Bama was going to beat them

I said Alabama would lose to Florida State, Georgia, LSU, and Auburn. What does Alabama have to do with it, anyway?

ycartrob

I had heard a lot about Colt Brennan but never seen him play. He looked about as mobile as me yesterday against Georgia. Pretty suprising how totally irrelevant he was.

And I'm not buying all the Georgia hype. (saying Georgia would run up the score on a healthy USC team is just plain silly). Georgia lost to very average teams (actually got steam rolled by Tennessee) and they barely squeaked by a .500 Bama team in OT, should have lost to Vandy but Vandy fumbled on the Georgia 18 very late in the game allowing Georgia to drive for the winning FG. They could have easily been 8-4.

I just don't seem a dominant SEC team this year, as far as nationally. Even though LSU will probably beat Ohio State, I think they will do so not b/c LSU is great, it's just that Ohio St isn't so great either. LSU lost to an average Arkansas at home and an average Kentucky team, and beat very average Bama (who lost to LA-Monroe at home), Auburn (who lost to South FLA at home), by 7 and 6 points.

Here's hoping for a playoff soon so all of this can be settled on the field.

Angry Ewok

Did you notice how selfishly distraught Colt was to see his backup score Hawaai's one and only touchdown pass? The commentators were sucking his cock all night, talking about what a great, spiritual, charitable kid he is... and then he makes a selfish ass out of himself on National TV.

TheBigChicken

QuoteLook at who the Dawgs lost to this year....

They lost to Steve Spurrier when South Carolina was relevant, Week 2, and to the SEC East Division Champs... what's your point? Name me one team that hasn't lost a couple of games this year.

Quoteoh and didn't YOU say Bama was going to beat them

I said Alabama would lose to Florida State, Georgia, LSU, and Auburn. What does Alabama have to do with it, anyway?
Since I've wasted my time please refer to page 8 of off topic ramblings. There you will see a thread entitled UGA vs ALA. Please read it ..I dont believe I ever predicted GA to lose to Bama,but if you read it's entirety you said I think Bama will win by 32. Also, GA lost to UT who those bums pasted ..and I'm quoting YOU with the word pasted...Hell read the damn pages yourself